The If-No-Answer Phone Number is a backup phone number that calls are routed to if all agents are unavailable and/or offline. By default, Talkdesk routes calls to this phone number only during business hours. However, it is possible to configure Talkdesk to route calls to this phone number at any time.
To configure your If-No-Answer Phone Number settings follow these directions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the "Admin" section .
- Click on the "Numbers" tab .
- Click on the phone number for which you would like to configure the If-No-Answer Phone Number settings.
- Select the "General" tab .
- Type in the phone number you would like as your If-No-Answer Phone Number in the box .
- By default calls will be routed to this If-No-Answer Phone Number during business hours only. If you would like calls to be routed to this number at any time, uncheck the "Active during business hours only" box.
Note: If the device you’re forwarding to has an extension, you can make use of the 'Ext.' field. For example, if 205-444-5555 has an extension #1212, you can type in 1212 on the Ext. box so it is also automatically dialed.
If a machine answers the call, calls get routed back to Talkdesk (ie. voicemail) instead of ending on the agent’s personal mobile or external phones’ voicemails. By placing an asterisk (*) symbol instead into the extension field of the external number, you can disable AMD for that number and, as such, "force" calls onto that external number, regardless of any machine answering it.
- When you are finished click "Save"  at the bottom of the page.