In order to use your Talkdesk Zendesk Connector Integration, you need to complete several steps. The following article goes into these in detail, helping you get started with ease.
Get your Zendesk Credentials
Log in to your Zendesk account and follow the steps below to get an API key:
- Click the Settings icon  on the left menu and then, under “Channels” , select API .
- In the “Token Access”section, make sure the token access option is “Enabled” .
- Select the + icon  to add a new token.
- A new box appears with the generated “API Token” .
- To remember what this API Token is used for, you can add an “API Token Description” , such as “Talkdesk”.
Note: Your new API token will be created and displayed only once, so you need to copy and paste it somewhere safe before continuing.
- Click Save  to save the new API token.
Activate the Zendesk Integration
Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the integration and all features described below by navigating to the Talkdesk Builder app. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator and navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
Note: Your role must contain the appropriate permissions to see these options. Learn more at Team Roles.
- Click Add New Integration . This will take you to the “Available Integrations” list.
- Scroll down and locate Zendesk. Click Add Integration  to proceed to the integration’s configuration page.
- Fill out the form with your Zendesk credentials:
- Enter your “Account” subdomain .
- Add the “Agent Email” address  used to generate the API token.
- Insert the “API Token”  that you copied from Zendesk.
- Select the appropriate boxes to customize the configuration in order to synchronize contacts, load interactions and choose the interaction types .
- Once you have completed these steps, click Save at the bottom of the page.
The Talkdesk and Zendesk integration is now activated. All information will be automatically synchronized between Talkdesk and Zendesk and you can start adding automations.
Installing Talkdesk Connector for Zendesk
Note: To complete this section, you need admin permissions.
Follow these steps to install and configure Talkdesk Connector and integrate it with your Zendesk account:
- Log in to your Zendesk account.
- Click on the Settings icon .
- Click Go to Admin Center .
- In the Admin Center, choose Apps and Integrations .
- Click on Marketplace .
- Search the Zendesk marketplace for "Talkdesk Connector"  and click on Talkdesk Connector .
- Click Install .
- Select the Zendesk account where you want to install the Talkdesk Connector from the drop-down list (if there’s more than one available) .
- Then, click on Install .
- In the Talkdesk Connector configuration page, define what type of CTI view you want to have  by writing down one of the following parameters:
- “external”: to use Talkdesk in a separate browser tab, window, or via App.
- “workspace”: to use Talkdesk Agent Workspace embedded in Zendesk.
- “conversations”: to use only the Conversations app embedded in Zendesk.
- Select the Talkdesk environment region, where you want to install your Talkdesk connector, by writing down one of the following parameters :
- “prd-us”: for accounts that have their cloud geographically located in the USA.
- “prd-ca”: for accounts that have their cloud geographically located in Canada.
- “prd-eu”: for accounts that have their cloud geographically located in Europe.
- Select Enable Role restrictions if you wish to grant access permissions only to specific roles.
- Select Enable group restrictions if you wish to grant access permissions only to specific groups.
- Click Install.
Logging in to the Talkdesk Connector in Zendesk
To start using Talkdesk Connector with Zendesk, your agents need to log in to the new CTI prompt displayed on their Zendesk accounts.
- Type in your Talkdesk account name  and click Login .
- On the pop-up, type in your Talkdesk email address and password , then click Login .
Talkdesk Connector is now connected to your Zendesk account and you can start using it.