Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector allows you to synchronize Presence Statuses between Talkdesk and ServiceNow. With this, agents’ statuses are automatically updated, according to the mappings set by admins.
Note: To access this feature, please ensure you have version 4.0.0 (or higher) of Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector installed in ServiceNow.
Enabling Presence Sync in Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector
This capability is disabled by default. Talkdesk Admins are able to enable it by:
- In Talkdesk Workspace, navigate to Builder  and select Integrations .
- Click on Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
- Click the Configuration button.
- Select the “Presence” checkbox  in the “Data Synchronization” section”.
- Click the Save button.
Note: To save the changes in the integration configuration page, you must put in the ServiceNow Integration user’s username and password. You can find more details in the Enabling and Configuring the Integration section of the ServiceNow Integration Activation article.
- In ServiceNow, select the “Talkdesk Presence Sync”  subsection under the “Talkdesk Settings” section in the Filter Navigator to map the status between both applications. Depending on the mappings, the presence synchronization can be two-way (both ways are mapped) or one-way (only one-way is mapped).
- You must have the Talkdesk Admin role on ServiceNow to have access to the Talkdesk Presence Sync configuration page.
- Agents must have the Talkdesk User role in ServiceNow.
- Agents must be synced to have their presence status synced.
- Talkdesk agents’ status can only be changed to “Available” or to a “Custom Busy” status.
- It’s not possible to change a Talkdesk agent’s status that is currently “Offline” or “On a Call”.
- If you don’t want to sync some statuses, you can leave them unmapped. Unmapped statuses will not be synced.
- If you wish to configure your Talkdesk account’s statuses, follow the steps listed in the Customize agent status article.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, please submit a request to Talkdesk.