Talkdesk for ServiceNow allows you to improve your CSM efforts with our premier call center software. With this integration, you can unify the agent experience with two-way sync for contacts and agents, and ensure the data between your call center and service desks remains consistent and up-to-date.
Thanks to Talkdesk for ServiceNow, you are also able to use the Talkdesk features available within the ServiceNow platform, such as click-to-call.
Talkdesk for ServiceNow supports both ServiceNow ITSM and CSM in Classic and Agent Workspaces UI.
Follow the instructions below to set up the integration.
Installing the Application from ServiceNow
- First, ensure you have one of the compatible versions of ServiceNow, meaning Jakarta or newer.
- Next, visit the Installing Talkdesk for ServiceNow article or find the Installation Guide pdf in the Supporting Links and Docs section of the ServiceNow Store.
Note: You’ll need the credentials for your Service Now HI (Hosted IT Infrastructure Library) portal to proceed.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation of the Taskdesk app into your ServiceNow environment.
Before activating the integration, make sure you have gone through the installation and configuration guide in the Installing Talkdesk for ServiceNow article.
Enabling and Configuring the Integration
To begin setting up the integration on Talkdesk, please submit a request to Talkdesk Support to reveal it on the "Integrations Manager" page. Please include your account’s domain in the request to expedite processing.
- Once complete, ServiceNow will be visible under Admin  > Integrations .
- Select ServiceNow  to configure the settings.
- Click on the Configuration button .
- Fill out the required fields . See below for more information on how to populate these fields (“UI Selection”, “Instance URL”, “Client ID, “Client secret”, “Username”, “Password”).
- Check the boxes  next to the features you wish to enable. For more information, read the Enabling CSM/ITSM in Talkdesk for ServiceNow article in order to properly configure the integration to use the ServiceNow CSM and/or ITSM.
- Once the form is complete, hit Save .
ServiceNow has two available UI: Classic and, most recently, Agent Workspace. In the UI Selection field, you need to manually insert “Agent Workspace” or “Classic UI” (by default, if you insert any other value, it will be interpreted as “Classic UI”).
This is the full URL of your ServiceNow instance, including the trailing slash. It should look like https://your_subdomain.service-now.com/
Client ID and Client Secret
- To obtain these go into your ServiceNow environment.
- Navigate to System OAuth  > Application Registry  > Talkdesk .
- Your Client ID  is displayed below the application’s name.
- Locate the message "This record is in the Talkdesk application, but Global is the current application. To edit this here." and click on the word “here” at the end of that sentence .
- Click the lock icon  next to the Client Secret field to copy that value as you will be using it for configuration purposes on Talkdesk's side.
Username and Password
These values correspond with the username and password of the ServiceNow user you wish to use for authentication.