This article details the steps to install and configure Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
Note: You can also follow the steps listed in the “Talkdesk Guided Setup” in ServiceNow (under the “Talkdesk” section in the Filter Navigator).
Follow the instructions below to complete the installation of the Taskdesk ServiceNow Connector into your ServiceNow environment. Before starting, first ensure you have one of the compatible versions of ServiceNow, (Rome or newer).
Go to our listing in the ServiceNow Store and download the Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
Note: You’ll need the credentials to your Service Now HI (Hosted IT Infrastructure Library) portal to proceed.
- List of required plugins:
|System Import Sets|
- List of required system table permissions:
After installing the application, go through and complete the instructions in the following sections:
Creating a New OAuth Client (mandatory)
In order to create a new OAuth client, follow the next steps:
- Navigate to System OAuth  > Application Registry  to display the applications’ registry records.
- Click on the New  button.
- Select the Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients  option.
- Populate all mandatory fields  with the necessary information, if any.
- Click on the Submit  button to save the changes. A new Client Secret will be automatically generated.
- You'll be automatically directed to the Application Registries screen, where you can then choose the newly created record.
- Access the new record, and you will find your Client ID  located beneath the application's name.
- Click on the lock icon  next to the Client Secret field to check its value. Note down both the Client ID and the Client Secret values because they’ll be needed to set up the integration on the Talkdesk side.
Note: If the form is read-only, and you cannot change any value, make sure you are under the Talkdesk application scope; since this record belongs to the Talkdesk application, any change has to be under it. Go to System Settings > Developer and make sure “Application” is set to Talkdesk.
Creating a Generic User Account (mandatory)
In order to create a user account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to System Security  > Users and Groups  > Users  to display all the users in the ServiceNow instance.
- Click on the New button .
- Populate all mandatory fields with the necessary information, if any.
- Check the “Web Service Access Only” field  (optional).
- Check the “Talkdesk Agent” field  if this user is to be a Talkdesk Agent (i.e. able to work with Talkdesk features) (optional).
- Click on the Submit  button.
Note: Access the new user and grant it the “x_talkd_td.admin” role. It’s important that you note down the Username (User ID) and Password values because they’ll be needed to set up the integration on the Talkdesk side.
Talkdesk CTI OpenFrame
In order to receive and make calls or pop interactions or other objects, you will need to use the Talkdesk CTI in OpenFrame.
The following steps show you how to do add a new OpenFrame Configuration:
- Navigate to OpenFrame  > Configurations  to display the OpenFrame Configurations list.
- Click on New .
- Then, fill in the fields as follows:
- “Name”: Talkdesk CTI UI Page.
- “URL”: x_talkd_td_talkdesk_cti_client.do
- “Width”: 450
- “Height”: 550
- “Icon Class”: icon-phone
- “Active”: true
- Click on the Submit  button to save the changes.
- In the search bar  type: “sys_properties.list”.
- Search by the Name  “glide.ui.concourse.onmessage_enforce_same_origin_whitelist”.
- Type in the Value  “https://cti-client.talkdeskapp.com”.
Note: If the form is read-only, and you cannot change the value, make sure you are under the Global application scope; since this record belongs to the Global application, any change has to be under it. Go to System Settings > Developer and make sure “Application” is Global.
- After a hard refresh, the Talkdesk Agent must log in to the CTI OpenFrame with their Talkdesk credentials .
Note: In order to use the OpenFrame CTI, all agents have to be identified with the “sn_openframe_user” role.
Granting Talkdesk Roles and Privileges (mandatory)
In order to use the features available in the Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector, it’s necessary to grant Talkdesk Agents and Admins the necessary roles.
- All the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Agents must be assigned the “x_talkd_td.user” role before they can use the features as designed.
- All the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Administrators must be assigned the “x_talkd_td.admin” role to use the features as designed and also be able to change the value of Talkdesk properties and make further necessary configuration.
The Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector makes use of and integrates with ServiceNow modules such as Incidents, Orders, and Interactions. In order to see each type of record, the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Agents should have all the necessary roles to match the ACL’s on the ServiceNow instance.
You can find and explore all the features available for the ServiceNow integration here.
Enabling and Configuring the Integration
Go to Talkdesk and activate the ServiceNow integration by following these steps:
Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the integration and all features described below by navigating to the Talkdesk Builder app. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Go to the Admin section .
- Select the Integrations tab .
- Click Add integration .
- Click Add Integration .
- Fill out the required fields. See below for more information on how to populate these fields (“UI Selection”, “Instance URL”, “Client ID, “Client secret”, “Username”, “Password”).
- Check the boxes next to the features you wish to enable. For more information, read the Enabling CSM/ITSM in Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector article in order to properly configure the integration to use the ServiceNow CSM and/or ITSM.
- Once the form is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page.
This section defines in which ServiceNow UI records will pop. ServiceNow has two types of UI available: the Next Experience UI and Workspaces. In the UI Selection field, you need to manually insert “Classic UI” if you use the Next Experience UI, or “Agent Workspace” if you use any ServiceNow Workspace.
- By default, if you insert any other value in the UI Selection field, it will be interpreted as “Classic UI”.
- You can define in which ServiceNow Workspace records will pop in the Integration Settings section in ServiceNow (see the Agent Workspaces section below).
This is the full URL of your ServiceNow instance, including the trailing slash. It should look like:
Client ID and Client Secret
Note: These are the values we suggested noting in the sections above.
- To obtain these go into your ServiceNow environment.
- Navigate to System OAuth  > Application Registry  > Talkdesk .
- Your Client ID  is displayed below the application’s name.
- Locate the message "This record is in the Talkdesk application, but Global is the current application. To edit this here." and click on the word “here” at the end of that sentence .
- Click the lock icon  next to the Client Secret field to copy that value, as you will be using it for configuration purposes on Talkdesk's side.
Username and Password
These values correspond to the username and password of the ServiceNow user you wish to use for authentication.
Talkdesk Configuration Settings in ServiceNow
Note: If you want to change any Talkdesk Integration settings, please make sure you are under the Talkdesk application scope before you save it.
- Navigate to Talkdesk  > Talkdesk Integration Settings  in the Filter Navigator in ServiceNow
“Talkdesk agent group” is a Talkdesk internal value, and should not be changed.
In this section, you can insert manually the workspace values where record pop-ups will take place or click on the “Get workspaces values” button to automatically get all the ServiceNow Workspaces values available in this account.
Note: The workspace values must be separated by commas (“,”).
Contact Retrieval Query
This query will be applied when running Contact Sync. By default, Talkdesk will sync all existing active ServiceNow contacts that are not Talkdesk Agents.
- Default filter: active=true
You can build the query filter based on the query generated by the ServiceNow table view filters.
Talkdesk CTI URL
In “Talkdesk CTI URL” section, you can set the CTI URL according to the region where your Talkdesk account is provisioned.
By default, your account will be set up for a specific region. If by any reason you need to change this value, please contact Talkdesk Support.
In this section, you can define what type of CTI view you want to set for your account by selecting one of the following options:
- CTI connection only: To use Talkdesk in a separate browser tab, window, or via App.
- Talkdesk Agent Workspace: To use Talkdesk Agent Workspace embedded in ServiceNow.
- Conversations only: To use only the Conversations app embedded in ServiceNow.
Debug Logging enablement
This feature allows you to enable debug logs for the Talkdesk application.If this feature is enabled, it will register what Talkdesk sends to ServiceNow and what ServiceNow sends back in response. The current supported logs are Errors and Information:
- “Errors” allows Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector to log any error that happened while communicating with Talkdesk into the “syslog” table.
- “Information” allows Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector to log any error and piece of information that Talkdesk has sent to ServiceNow and what ServiceNow has sent in response into the “syslog” table.
We recommend you enable this feature to make troubleshooting and simple communication reviews easier and faster.
By default, this feature comes as disabled. To enable it, all you have to do is change the selected value from “None” to one of the other options. To check the logs, open the “Talkdesk Logs” section on the ServiceNow filter navigator. This feature consumes marginal space on your ServiceNow, as the logs are written at the top of every half an hour and when an automation runs. Be sure to practice proper log cleansing and maintenance.
This feature allows the agent to log a call (interaction) to an existing active Incident or Case from the Callbar or Conversations wrap up screen.
Select “Incidents”, “Cases”, or both, to show the fetched results on the “Relate To” dropdown in the Relate To card on the Talkdesk Conversations.
Please note that in order to use the “Relate To” feature, you will need to enable it on the Talkdesk side. Read this article to learn how.