Talkdesk for ServiceNow allows you to improve your CSM efforts with our premier call center software. With it, you can unify the agent experience with two-way sync for contacts and agents, ensuring the data between your call center and service desks remains consistent and up-to-date.
With the Talkdesk for ServiceNow integration, you are also able to use the Talkdesk features available within the ServiceNow platform, such as click-to-call.
Talkdesk for ServiceNow supports both ServiceNow ITSM and CSM in Classic and Agent Workspaces UI.
Follow the instructions below to set up the integration.
Installing the Application from ServiceNow
- First, ensure you have one of the compatible versions of ServiceNow, meaning Jakarta or newer.
- Next, visit the Installing Talkdesk for ServiceNow article or find the “Installation Guide” PDF in the “Supporting Links and Docs” section of the ServiceNow Store.
Note: You’ll need the credentials for your Service Now HI (Hosted IT Infrastructure Library) portal to proceed.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation of the Taskdesk app into your ServiceNow environment.
Before activating the integration, make sure you have gone through the installation and configuration guide in the Installing Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector article.
Enabling and Configuring the Integration
To begin setting up the integration on Talkdesk, please submit a request to Talkdesk Support to reveal it on the "Integrations Manager" page. Please include your account’s domain in the request to expedite processing.
- Once complete, ServiceNow will be visible under Admin  > Integrations .
- Select ServiceNow  to configure the settings.
- Click on the Configuration button .
- Fill out the required fields . See below for more information on how to populate these fields (“UI Selection”, “Instance URL”, “Client ID, “Client secret”, “Username”, “Password”).
- Check the boxes  next to the features you wish to enable. For more information, read the Enabling CSM/ITSM in Talkdesk for ServiceNow article in order to properly configure the integration to use the ServiceNow CSM and/or ITSM.
- Once the form is complete, hit Save .
ServiceNow has two available UI: Classic and, most recently, Agent Workspace. In the UI Selection field, you need to manually insert “Agent Workspace” or “Classic UI”.
Note: By default, if you insert any other value in the UI Selection field, it will be interpreted as “Classic UI”.
This is the full URL of your ServiceNow instance, including the trailing slash. It should look like:
Client ID and Client Secret
- To obtain these go into your ServiceNow environment.
- Navigate to System OAuth  > Application Registry  > Talkdesk .
- Your Client ID  is displayed below the application’s name.
- Locate the message "This record is in the Talkdesk application, but Global is the current application. To edit this here." and click on the word “here” at the end of that sentence .
- Click the lock icon  next to the Client Secret field to copy that value as you will be using it for configuration purposes on Talkdesk's side.
Username and Password
These values correspond to the username and password of the ServiceNow user you wish to use for authentication.
Talkdesk Configuration Settings in ServiceNow
- Navigate to Talkdesk > Talkdesk Integration Settings.
“Talkdesk agent group” and “Agent Workspace” are Talkdesk internal values, and should not be changed.
Talkdesk CTI URL
In “Talkdesk CTI URL” you can set your CTI URL according to the region on which your account is provisioned.
By default, your account will be set up for a specific region. If by any reason you need to change this value, please contact Talkdesk Support.
Contact Retrieval Query
This is the query you want to apply when running the contact sync with Talkdesk.
By default, Talkdesk will get all existing active contacts that are not Talkdesk Agents. You can change this to more specific values.
The language in this filter is the same as the one used in ServiceNow table view filters.
- Default filter: active=true
Debug Logging enablement
This feature allows you to enable debug logs for the Talkdesk application. Since communication between ServiceNow and Talkdesk is via REST API, we added the ability to record and display the execution logs to our endpoints. As such, if this feature is enabled, it will register what Talkdesk sends to ServiceNow and what ServiceNow sends back in response. The current supported logs are Errors and Information:
- “Errors” allows Talkdesk for ServiceNow to log any error that happened while communicating with Talkdesk into the “syslog” table .
- “Information” allows Talkdesk for ServiceNow to log any error and piece information that Talkdesk has sent to ServiceNow and what ServiceNow has sent in response into the “syslog” table.
We recommend you enable this feature, making troubleshooting or simple communication reviews easier and faster.
By default, this feature comes as disabled. To enable it, all you have to do is change the selected value from “None” to one of the other options. To check the logs, just type Talkdesk Logs on the ServiceNow filter navigator. This feature consumes marginal space on your ServiceNow, as the logs are written at the top of every half an hour and when an automation runs. Proper log cleansing and maintenance actions should be performed by the customer.
This feature allows the agent to log a call (interaction) to an existing active Incident or Case from the Callbar or Conversations wrap up screen.
Select “Incidents”, “Cases”, or both, to show the fetched results on the “Relate To” dropdown in the Callbar disposition screen.
Please note that in order to use the “Relate To” feature, you will need to enable it on the Talkdesk side. Read this article to learn how.