Note: From May 3rd, 2021, the Roles tab is gradually being deprecated and replaced with a new Roles and Permissions tab. The configurations described in this article may not be applicable if you have already transitioned to the new Roles and Permissions tab and user interface.
They can control the visibility of AppConnect features within Talkdesk (eg. the My Apps dropdown). There are also application-level permissions:
- Create: Grants the ability to install/manage and delete applications.
- View: Grant access to view and launch installed applications.
- Update: Grant ability to manage installed applications.
By default, only Admin and Supervisor roles have access to AppConnect. The Admin role is set to include the ‘Create’, ‘View’ and ‘Update’ permissions, while Supervisors only have the ‘View’ permissions.
Defining and Editing Permissions for Talkdesk AppConnect
To configure how your agents should be able to access Talkdesk AppConnect, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the "Admin" section at the top of the page .
- Click the "Roles" tab .
- Click the pencil icon  in the permissions column next to the role you would like to change.
- A window will pop up with options for configuring this team role.
- Select the AppConnect tab .
- Make sure the box AppConnect  is unchecked, if you do not wish to allow users to see the MyApps dropdown in Talkdesk
- Make sure the boxes under Create  and Update  are unchecked, if you do not wish to allow users to be able to install applications from the Talkdesk AppConnect or edit application settings.
- Click "Save" to apply these settings .