In the Phone app of the Talkdesk Phone™ system, you will find the Settings tab. Here, users can manage their own settings configurations.
- “Do not disturb”: During the defined period of time, incoming calls will not ring and callers will be automatically forwarded to voicemail.
- “Call waiting”: Incoming calls will ring even when you’re on a call.
- “Call forward”: New incoming calls will be forwarded to the defined number.
- “Default country code”: You don’t need to dial the country code when dialing numbers of the selected country.
To configure these settings, click on the Edit button on the top right hand-side corner of the page.
Do not disturb
The “Do not disturb” feature allows you to automatically block incoming calls for a default or custom period of time. During that time frame, incoming calls will not ring and callers will be automatically forwarded to voicemail.
To enable “Do not disturb”, please follow these steps:
- Activate the Do not disturb toggleand define for how long you would like to be unavailable, either from the default values or by choosing the period of time yourself by clicking Set a custom time.
While active, you can adjust or disable the “Do not disturb” mode at any time, also in the Settings page, by clicking another preset time span or setting your own.
When active, the Call waiting feature allows incoming calls to ring, even when you’re on a call. By default, this feature is disabled. You can also choose how to manage those calls: either to end or hold the current one, or reject the one incoming. If Call waiting is disabled while you’re on a call, incoming calls will be automatically forwarded to voicemail.
To enable/disable Call waiting, click the Call Waiting toggle in Settings:
You can now activate and define a number for all your calls to be forwarded to.
To enable or disable call forwarding, switch the appropriate toggle, and, if activating, input the number you want all your calls to be forwarded to. You are able to define the call forward to internal extensions or DIDs, external numbers, and also numbers that are assigned to the Contact Center Studio flows. Please note that, if you do not include the number’s country code prefix, the default country code will be applied.
The call forward can also be used and set on SIP devices and the keypad using short codes:
- *72 followed by the desired number to activate the call forward.
- *73 to disable call forward.
- *74 to toggle the call forward between enabled and disabled. If enabled, the desired number should be added after the short code.
- *56 followed by the desired number to update the call forward number.
Default country code
You can set your own default country code. By doing so, when dialing numbers of the selected country you’ll no longer need to include the respective country code.
By default, the selected country code will be the account defined, but if you update the setting, the country code you selected will be considered.