Tags are one of the key capabilities in Talkdesk Cases™. They can contain words or phrases as key terms to help Agents categorize, track, and manage cases. Also, tags can be leveraged as conditions in service level agreement (SLA) policies and time-based automations.
Agents can perform the following main actions related to tags:
- Add and remove tags on the case processing page.
- Use tags as filters to search for cases. For more information, see Searching for Cases.
- Use tags to create custom case views. For more information, see Using and Managing Case Views.
Administrators can perform the following main actions related to tags:
- Use tags as conditions to set SLA time targets for cases that contain (or do not contain) certain tags. For more information, see Creating and Managing Service Level Agreement Policies.
- Use tags as conditions to set time-based automations for cases that contain (or do not contain) certain tags. For more information, see Creating and Managing Time-based Automations.
- View tags and the number of cases containing each tag in Configurations.
Understanding Tagging Rules
Refer to the following rules when adding tags to cases.
- Special characters (for example, # and @) are not allowed in tags. Tags can only contain alphanumeric characters, dashes, underscores, and forward slashes (/).
- Tags support UTF-8 (Unicode). You can add tags in the languages supported by Talkdesk.
- Each tag can contain a maximum of 64 characters.
- Tags are not case-sensitive.
- Tags can contain spaces in the middle. Leading or trailing spaces will be ignored.
- Multiple tags can be added to the same case.
Adding and Removing Tags
Agents can add tags to a case on the case processing page.
- Go to a case view and click a case .
- On the case processing page, navigate to the “Tags” field  on the Properties tab.
- Enter a value and press the Enter key. You can see a recommended list  of previously used tags as you type.
- Keep adding tags or click the Update button .
- To remove a tag from a case, click the × icon of the tag, and then click the Update button.
Administrators can add and remove tags through time-based automations. Once a case meets certain conditions in an automation, it will add or remove tags for the case automatically.
Viewing Tags in Configurations
Administrators can view all tags in Talkdesk Cases and the number of cases containing these tags.
- Click in the upper-left corner .
- In the side panel that appears, click the gear icon .
- On the “Configurations” page, click Tags  on the Manage tab.
- The “Tags” page displays all the tags. In the “Usage” column , you can see the number of cases where each tag has been applied. The number remains unchanged when a case is removed to the “Trash” view or permanently deleted.
- To quickly view all cases that contain a specific tag, click the number in the “Usage” column. This will direct you to a case view with the tag used as a filter.
Note: You can use the search box on the action bar to search for specific tags. Search terms are not case-sensitive.