The “Relate To” feature enables agents to select existing tickets in Zendesk and relate them to calls. After an inbound or outbound call ends, the agent can pick from a dropdown list of existing tickets displayed in the Conversations wrap up. The tickets listed are those which are active and associated with the contact. They are displayed, if in an open state, in chronological order, with the most recent one at the top.
To enable the “Relate To” feature for Zendesk Connector, please check the article Enabling Relate to Ticket in Talkdesk for Zendesk.
- With the Fall ‘22 release, a functional enhancement to this feature was introduced where this component moved from a “tab” to a “card” part of the call wrap-up screen. This article already reflects this new user experience.
After enabling the feature, follow the next steps to use it in Conversations:
- In Zendesk, log in to Talkdesk by clicking on the Talkdesk icon in the top-right corner, and selecting Login.
- Log in to Talkdesk Conversations .
- When an inbound or outbound call ends, the wrap-up screen appears in Conversations. Below Dispositions you’ll see a new card, “Relate to”, in which you can select the ticket to relate the call with .
- The dropdown field allows you to search for the relevant tickets by name, ID, or status.
- “Relate to” results are limited to 20 tickets by default.
- Click on the Submit button. This action will log the call, and trigger the automation to update the ticket in Zendesk, so the relationship between call and ticket is created on the Zendesk side.
- Please note that “Disposition” is a mandatory field that must be filled before you can proceed to log the call information.
- Agents need to make sure they are logged in to CTI in Zendesk when using the “Relate to” feature, as not doing so will prevent the feature from working properly. In this situation, the "Relate to" dropdown will not display any tickets, besides the “None” option, and the following error message will appear in the Relate To Card: “Couldn’t fetch results. Please try again.”.
Mandatory Relate To Selection
You can enforce the selection of a “Relate to” ticket before logging the call information.
This feature can be enabled by executing the following steps:
- Go to your Talkdesk account > Admin > Integrations > Zendesk.
- Click on the Configuration button to update your configuration and tick the “Mandatory Relate to” option. If this option is not checked, the feature will not work.
- Click on the Save button.
Note: Whether you are enabling or disabling the feature, in order for the change to take effect, agents currently logged in will need to refresh Conversations App. After enabling the “Mandatory Relate to”, Conversations will only allow the call information to be submitted once a disposition and a “Relate to” option are selected.
Note: Agents will always have the ability to select the None option on the Relate To dropdown.