This feature is available for customers using Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce™ or the Talkdesk Dialer™ integrated with Salesforce.
This new setting can be enabled or disabled. When enabled, it ensures that all calls you make through the Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce or the Talkdesk Dialer are automatically related to the Salesforce record in question. This connection will be displayed in the Talkdesk activity.
- Enable Automatic Relate To.
- Adapting Automatic Relate To to work with custom objects.
- Troubleshooting and using Automatic Relate to for dialer.
Enable Automatic Relate To
To enable this functionality, make sure you have Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce enabled and set up in your org. Then, please follow these steps:
- Go to Talkdesk Lightning app and click on Talkdesk Admin .
- Select the Dialer tab .
- Scroll down to “Other Configurations” and set the toggle for “Enable Dialer Automatic Relate To” to “Enabled” .
Adapting Automatic Relate to for dialer when using custom objects
If you are using custom objects in Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce, and you wish to also use the Dialer Automatic Relate To for dialer calls made to those custom objects, please follow the steps below.
- Configure the custom object to be used in Talkdesk dialer for Salesforce. Click here to learn how.
- In Talkdesk Admin, go to Dialer. Note: If you don’t have this tab, please ask Talkdesk Support to enable the Salesforce Relate To feature.
Go to the” Relate To” section and then add a custom object under “Relate to custom object” (1). Here, make sure to configure the same custom objects that you have configured in dialer. For a more detailed guide, follow the configuration process in this article.
Note: Make sure to add the same custom objects in the dialer configuration settings and in the Relate To configuration settings. Apply this for all the custom objects you expect dialer calls to be automatically related.
Troubleshooting and Using Automatic Relate To for Dialer
When this feature is enabled, Talkdesk activity will be automatically associated with any Salesforce records you call. To see the association between activity and record, please follow these steps:
- Add Talkdesk Activities to objects (Account/Contact/Case/Lead/Opportunity):
- Go to "Setup" and select Object Manager .
- Search for the Object type (e.g. Account) and click on Page Layout .
- Select “Related Lists” from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop Talkdesk Activities .
To check if the relationship was correctly established, go to the Talkdesk activity related list. After making a dialer call, this is what you should be able to see:
The Talkdesk activity, corresponding to that call, will appear in the related list of Talkdesk activities on the record page for the record called.
- When using this functionality with the Talkdesk Dialer, if you are importing Salesforce record lists as csv files, make sure to include the correct Salesforce record ID in a column in the csv file.
- The call will always be related with the record called. For example, if you are using Cases, although the call is placed to the phone number of the contact associated with the case, the Talkdesk activity will be related to the case and not the contact record.
- The relationship setting for automatic relate to will only happen at the end of the call.