Note: This article refers to features available from version 4.3 of Talkdesk for Salesforce onwards.
With Talkdesk for Salesforce, you can create your own custom objects. Keep in mind that:
- This feature is available for customers with Talkdesk for Salesforce Dialer licenses and using the Talkdesk for Salesforce package.
- For customers with Talkdesk for Salesforce Dialer already enabled, the feature becomes available as soon as the Talkdesk for Salesforce package is upgraded to its latest version.
If you would like to create dialer lists and Talkdesk campaigns based on custom objects, please follow the steps below.
The button to ‘Add Custom Object’ will be disabled until there is at least one custom object in the Salesforce org that meets the criteria to be used in Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce. To make sure the custom objects are ready to be configured, you will need to first create some fields in your Salesforce org, so before configuring it:
- Create the custom object you need in your Salesforce org.
- When creating a custom object in Salesforce, make sure that the custom object has the ‘Allow Search’ checkbox checked and at least one phone field.
- Go to the Salesforce object called ‘Dialing List Member’ and create a field of the ‘Lookup’ type pointing to the custom object you want to configure.
- Go to the Salesforce object ‘Dialer History’ and create a field of the ‘Lookup’ type pointing to the custom object you want to configure.
- Make sure that the custom object you want has at least one field from the Phone type, to be added in this configuration as the chosen Phone field.
- Create a field of the ‘Checkbox’ or ‘Formula’ type in the custom object, if you wish to use a DNC field for that custom object (this is not mandatory).
After creating all the necessary fields, you can start to configure the custom object in Talkdesk Admin.
- Go to Talkdesk Admin and click on “Dialer” .
- In the section ‘Object Phone Fields Configuration’, click the button to Add Custom Object  to start configuring the custom objects to be used with the Dialer (allowing up to three custom objects).
- For each of the custom objects, select in the corresponding dropdown the object and fields that you have created, as suggested in the beginning of this article.
- When you finish configuring all the custom objects you want to use in Talkdesk for Salesforce Dialer, click Save at the end of the Settings page.
Once the configuration is saved, you will be able to create dialer lists based on these custom objects and start adding those dialer lists to Talkdesk Campaigns to be dialed.
- When a custom object configuration is Saved, only the dropdowns ‘Phone Field’ and ‘Do not call field’ can be edited.
- If a custom object configured to be used in Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce is deleted from the Salesforce account, all dialer lists based on that custom object will be deleted, as well as those dialer list members that were added to Talkdesk Campaigns.
- When one of the fields used in the Custom Object configuration is deleted from the Salesforce account, all the dialer lists based on that custom object will become empty. In these situations, please go to the Dialer Configuration page in Talkdesk Admin and delete the custom object configuration.
Notes on Feature Compatibility:
- This feature is not compatible with Dialer list sync with Talkdesk Outbound dialer functionality.
- This feature is not compatible with Dialer history logging, so the changes in campaign calls based on custom objects will not be reflected in history logging.