In this article, you will find information on:
Creating a New Sensor
To create a new Talkdesk CX Sensor™ please follow these steps:
1. Select the Create Sensor button. The “Create Sensor” side panel opens , allowing you to define the sensor characteristics in two tabs: Details  and Actions .
2. Click on the Details tab  where you can define the basic characteristics of your sensor, such as:
- “Sensor name” : Here you can define the sensor name.
- “Category” : Create or select from the dropdown list the sensor’s category.
- Import attributes button : This button allows you to import keywords or phrases already defined in a “Saved Search”.
Tip: If you already have a “Saved Search” you want to reproduce with a sensor, this saves you the trouble of rewriting all those keywords.
- Note: The Import attributes button does not link the “Saved Search” to the sensor. It only imports the currently defined keywords for that “Saved Search”, i.e. “Saved Search” changes are not automatically reflected in the sensor.
- “Keywords or phrases” : To manually add all the keywords that the sensor triggers on. If you have imported keywords from a “Saved Search”, it allows you to add new keywords to that list. After inserting the “Keywords or phrases”, press “Enter” on your keyboard or select the “plus” button .
- "Speakers" : To apply sensor filtering to the “Speaker” that mentioned the keyword, you can select All, Agent, or Contact options.
- Clear button : Click this button to clear all the information configured for the sensor. The information added is only permanent after you hit the Create button.
- Note: This button also clears any configurations done in the Actions tab.
- Create button : By clicking on this button, all the sensor configurations you previously defined become permanent, and the sensor is created. Your sensor is now ready to react to any of the mentioned keywords and will notify you accordingly.
3. Select the Actions tab  to fine-tune your sensor, by defining the sensor sensitivity as well as the notifications and actions it will trigger:
- “Notifications” toggle : If you turn on the toggle, the sensor will send notifications when the configured “Number of hits”, “Time range” and “Frequency” configurations are met. If you turn off the toggle, no notifications will be triggered from this sensor, but the “# Hits” counter in the CX Sensors list will still be updated.
- “Number of hits” : Configure the number of hits on the sensor after which the notification should be sent.
- “Time range” : Select a time range from the drop-down menu, for which the number of hits is considered to determine if a notification should be sent.
- “ Notification Snooze” : By choosing the options available from the drop-down menu, you can control how often you want to be notified.
- In the example above, a maximum of one notification will be sent during intervals of 15 minutes .
- “Notification Center” : Choose all the users that will receive the notification on the “Notifications” center. You can search by the user's name and/or select from the dropdown list.
- Clear button : If you click on this button, it will delete all the configuration settings for the sensor.
- Note: The information in the Details tab of the sensor will also be cleared.
- Create button : By clicking on this button, all the sensor configurations you previously defined become permanent, and the sensor is created. Then, your sensor is ready to react to any of the mentioned keywords and notify you accordingly.
Let's consider the image above as an Actions tab configuration example. If a sensor is created with the settings mentioned in the image above, (“Number of hits: 10”, “Time range: Last 30 minutes” and “Frequency: Intervals of 15 min”), it will trigger a notification when there is a total of 10 hits within a 30-minute window, and then will snooze all notifications for 15 minutes. This means that further hits on the sensor will not trigger notifications for this period. After these 15 minutes, a new notification will be sent again, if a new hit on the sensor occurs and the “Number of hits” and “Time range” settings apply.
Editing an Existing CX Sensor
To edit a sensor, please follow the steps below:
1. To begin, click on the pencil icon in the CX Sensors list. The "Edit Sensor" side panel  is already filled in with the settings you defined for the sensor.
2. Edit the desired configuration(s).
3. Press Save  once you are finished with your changes.
- Closing the side panel at any time will discard any changes that might have been done to the sensor.
- The Reset  button resets the sensor settings of the last saved version (before any changes are done after opening the “Edit Sensor” side panel).
Receiving Notifications via Notification Center
The users who receive the CX Sensors notifications are defined on the “Notification Center” feature, within the Actions tab.
By default, CX Sensor notifications will be sent only to the user that created the sensor. However, on the “Notification Center” field, you can select additional (or different) audience members.
The notifications are available through the Workspace “Notifications” center, accessible through the bell icon .
In case there are any unread notifications, the icon will contain a badge with a number that shows the count of unread notifications.
By clicking on the bell icon, the “Notifications” center  will open. There you can see the details for the notifications, including the CX Sensor notifications.
When selecting one of the notifications that the CX Sensors send to the “Notifications” center, you will be taken directly to Live Monitor, where you can barge, whisper or view the agent’s screen.