With the “Search” feature in Talkdesk Interaction Analytics™, you can look for familiar keywords, apply filters and analyze trends over time. You can then create a saved “Search” and re-use query parameters, to save time at a later stage.
In this article, you will find information on:
- Searching for keywords and phrases
- Transcription Card
- Using Filters
- Trend View
- Saving a Search
- Loading a Saved Search
- Updating a Saved Search
- Dismissing and Deleting a Saved Search
When accessing the “Search” page, you will see the following data:
- The keywords search bar  and the Search button . Note: For more information, you can check the Searching for keywords and phrases section below.
- “Default view” : Displays the search results with their respective metadata.
- “Trend view” : Analyzes keyword trends over time. Note: For more information, check the Trend View section below.
- Click on Saved  to see the list of previously saved searches. Note: For more information, check the Loading a Saved Search section below.
- Choose Export  to save data.
- Choose the available Filters  that are applicable to your search. Note: For more information, check the Using Filters section below.
Searching for keywords and phrases
By using the “Search” feature, you can look for specific words or expressions. To do so, please follow the instructions below:
1. Type keyword(s) or phrase(s) on the search bar . To search for more than one keyword(s) or phrase(s), press ENTER on your keyboard or add a comma (,) between each keyword(s) or phrase(s) so that they are recognized as a search item.
2. Then, click the Search button .
Note: You can perform a search without defining any keywords, or by only applying the filters you wish to use. Then, hit the Search button and all the utterances that meet the applied filtering conditions will be displayed.
You can have different criteria options when searching across multiple keywords :
- Select And to perform the search with all keywords in the phrases.
- Select Or To have at least one keyword in the phrases.
Once a search is made, the following data will be displayed:
- The transcription  where the search result has been found. Note: The utterances that correspond to the same interaction appear grouped in a single "result card".
- Interaction channel .
- Agent’s name .
- Interaction ID (you can click on it to copy) .
- Interaction start date and hour .
- Utterance sentiment .
- Intent name that matched the utterance .
- Play the utterance-level audio snippet button  to hear the transcription and identify the cause of customer issues.
- Access the entire interaction transcription by selecting the Transcription option .
- For more information on the Transcription Card, check this section below.
- The utterance audio snippet is only available for "Voice Calls" interactions.
Tip: Click on the Save search option  to re-use your query in the future. For more information on how to save a search, check the Saving a Search section.
You can apply one or several of the following filters to a transcription:
- “When” : Define the timeframe, e.g., the time range used for the search.
- “Channels” : Select the channel to filter your results by “Voice Calls”, “Virtual Agent Digital”, “Virtual Agent Voice”, "SMS" or "Chat".
- “Direction” : Filter by the direction of the interaction. The "Outbound" option is to filter for Outbound calls, and the Inbound option sorts for inbound calls.
- “Ring Groups” : Select one or more ring groups to search for interactions that have been answered by an agent belonging to a specific ring group (or several).
- “Speakers” : Search by “Agent”, or by “Contact”.
- “Agents” : Filter the results based on the agents that participated in the call.
- “Interaction ID” : Search/select the ID of the interaction.
- “Language” : Choose the transcription language.
- “Intents” : Filter searches by the intent matched with any of the utterances.
- “Sentiment” : Filter by the sentiment label of an utterance("Neutral", "Positive" and/or "Negative").
Once you apply a filter (or more than one), you can see which one(s) you have selected next to each filter option  or next to “Filters” . If you wish to dismiss one or several filtering options you have previously selected, click “X” or individually unselect each of them.
Click on the “Trend view” icon  to analyze the keyword trends over time.
After adding a keyword or phrase, and selecting the “Trend view” option, you will see the following information:
- “Trend view” title : The searched keywords will be shown here (they can be more than one).
- Trend lines : The number of keyword mentions over time. Hover your mouse over the lines to see how many hits the keyword had .
- Action icons :
- Zoom in.
- Zoom out.
- Selection zoom (click and drag to select a section).
- Panning (drag left and right to change period).
- Reset zoom.
After selecting the “Transcription” option, a side panel opens. There, you can see the following data:
- The transcription  that was visible in the search results is automatically presented when you open the transcription card via an auto-scroll capability.
- Sentiment annotation  related to each sentence in the transcription card.
- “Overall contact sentiment”  for the entire interaction.
- Quick-search box , to quickly search for keywords inside the interaction.
- Play or pause  the full audio recording, skip back or jump forward 30 seconds , and/or speed rate .
- Navigate from Interaction Analytics into Talkdesk QM Assist™, for quality management analysis of a particular interaction and agent, by clicking on the Evaluate interaction link  at the bottom of the Transcription card. Note: The link to QM (Assist) will only be visible for Voice Calls and accounts that have the Talkdesk Quality Management™ application installed.
- Download the full audio recording  of an interaction by accessing the Transcription Card for a given interaction. You can download the audio recording to your computer as an MP3 file.
Saving a Search
To keep a specific search on Interaction Analytics, follow these steps:
- Click on the Save search button. Note: This option only appears after a search is made on the search bar.
- Type a name for the search you wish to save .
- Click Save .
Note: To undo the saving process, select Cancel .
Loading a Saved Search
- Click on Saved  to open the list of saved searches.
- Then, the list of “Saved Searches”  appears. Select one to run immediately (including any filters associated with it).
Updating a Saved Search
Whenever you change a saved search (either by changing the filters or by adding/removing keywords), you can update it, as per the example below:
- The updated keywords  (in the example above, the keyword “welcome” was added).
- The outcome of the search that was loaded  (the “*” symbol signals that there are unsaved changes to the saved search).
- Click on Update search to save the changes .
Dismissing and Deleting a Saved Search
When you run a saved search, you can “Dismiss” or “Delete” it:
- Click on the More Options button . A drop-down will appear:
- Select Dismiss  to keep the search and filters in place, except for the link to the “Saved” search.
- Choose Delete  to remove the loaded saved search.
For additional support, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.