The Click-to-Call feature allows you to call any customer directly from Microsoft Dynamics 365 through a simple click on a button. Additionally, the Contact Pop is a functionality that allows agents to pop the Dynamics 365 contact’s page, upon clicking on the integration’s badge in Callbar.
To use both CTI based features, please make sure you have enabled Talkdesk CTI within your Dynamics 365 integration, by checking the Enabling Talkdesk for Dynamics 365 CTI article, which will guide you through:
- The Channel Integration Framework installation.
- Note that Dynamics 365 Channel Integration works only with Unified Interface apps, and
- Talkdesk for Dynamics 365 is restricted to Version 1 of Dynamics 365 Channel Integration.
- Your Talkdesk account setup to enable CTI for Dynamics 365.
- These features are currently compatible with Callbar App (Electron) only.
- The Talkdesk Click-to-Call Extension cannot be used within the same domain of the Talkdesk connector. This means that it cannot be used in Dynamics 365 as it will conflict with the connector and may disconnect it. To use it, you need to configure the Talkdesk Click-to-Call Extension Options to exclude the Microsoft Dynamics 365 domain from the extended detection exception scope.
- To be properly fetched and hyperlinked for use with Talkdesk Click-to-Call, phone numbers in Dynamics 365 must be specified either in international, national formatting, or in the standard E.164 format i.e., the plus sign (+), country code, area code, and number. If you need to provide a number in local national format, you should also specify the country as an optional parameter.
You are able to call customers from within Dynamics 365 via the Click-to-Call feature. In order to use this, follow the next steps:
1. Log in with your Talkdesk account in the CTI integration  and in Callbar .
2. Check if you see the green icon followed by “Callbar connected“ , and confirm that Callbar doesn’t display any warning, and is also showing the “Available” status .
3. In Dynamics 365, navigate to Contacts  and then to a Contact record .
4. Inside the contact, click on the phone icon . It will trigger the call in Callbar .
Note: In “Views”, number type fields are presented as a link, but they do not communicate with the Dynamics 365 Channel Integration, meaning that it will not trigger the call in Callbar. The click-to-call via Talkdesk CTI within the Dynamics 365 integration is currently available only in “Forms”, such as Contacts or Cases.
Upon an inbound call, Callbar will start ringing and it will show standard information about the incoming call, such as the caller’s number and Call ID. If the incoming number is on the Talkdesk’s database and in sync with your Dynamics 365 instance, it will display the Dynamics 365’s badge in Callbar.
1. Click on the integration’s badge in Callbar  to open the contact in Dynamics 365.
2. Once clicked, the contact page is opened in Dynamics 365.