Note: If you are already using our Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration and you wish to start using our CTI based features, such as Click-to-Call or Contact Pop via CTI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, please refer to this article.
- Creating an App in your Azure account
- Adding a CRM Application User
- Setting up your Talkdesk Account
Creating an App in your Azure account
To get started, you need to create an App in Azure and give access to MS Dynamics 365, so that Talkdesk has the required access to synchronize data.
- Log in to portal.azure.com using the Office 365 administrator user of your Dynamics CRM subscription.
- In the Azure Active Directory, go to App registrations  and add new application registrations by clicking on New registration .
- On the “Register an application” page, enter your application's registration information:
- “Name”: enter a meaningful application name that will be displayed to users of the app.
- “Supported account types”: select which accounts you would like your application to support. Choose “Accounts in this organizational directory only”.
- Hit Register  to finish the registration process.
- Right after the registration, the new app is presented to you. Go to Certificates & secrets .
- Add a new client secret by clicking on New client secret , then enter a description and expiration, and hit the Add button.
- A secret value is created, which the application uses to provide its identity. Save the value in a safe location as this is the only time it is displayed.
- Go to Overview , locate the “Application (client) ID” and the “Directory (tenant) ID” and save these for future reference.
- Go to API permissions  and click on Add a permission .
- Select Dynamics CRM .
- Select Delegated permissions , followed by user_impersonation , and click on the Add permissions .
Next, you will need to create an Application User within Dynamics 365.
Adding a CRM Application User
Note: The following steps should be executed by an Admin user in your organization, and they are based on Microsoft's documentation on creating users and assigning security roles and creating Application User.
- Go to your Dynamics 365 instance and navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings .
- Navigate to Settings > System > Security .
- Select Users .
4. Navigate to Enabled Users > Application Users .
5. Click on New .
6. Create a new user by filling out the “User: Application User“ form. Get the Application ID (refer to “Creating an App in your Azure account”, step 7), insert it in Application ID  and all the other fields will be automatically filled in.
7. Next, you should define what is the Security Role for this user in Manage Roles . If you wish, you can create a new role more suitable to this user, but please take into account that the security role will be based on the data you are willing to synchronize with Talkdesk, and it should have at least the following permissions:
- Read / Write / Update on Entity Contacts
- Read on Entity System Users
Setting up your Talkdesk Account
For the CTI integration to work, you need to have the Dynamics 365 integration added and correctly configured in your Talkdesk account.
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the Admin  section at the top of the page.
- Select the Integrations  tab and then select click Add New Integration .
- Next, locate Dynamics 365 in the list and click on Add Integration. This will take you to the configuration for Dynamics 365.
- Click on Configuration .
- Fill out the form with your Dynamics 365 credentials and select the appropriate boxes to customize the configuration of this integration:
- “Account” (mandatory field): Name of your MS Dynamics 365 Instance (e.g.: MyDyn365).
- “Agent Email” (mandatory field): Username (email) of the user that will be running the services used to connect to MS Dynamics for synchronization data (refer to “Setting up your Talkdesk Account“, step 5).
- “API Token” (mandatory field): The input value is 1.
- “Your MS Tenant Name” (mandatory field): GUID of MS Tenant ID (e.g.: 8bf4de6a-44f0-4059-9egd-8ba33d080414). Use the tenant id previously created; refer to “Creating an App in your Azure account” (step 7).
- “Your Dynamics 365” url (mandatory field): Base url of your MS Dynamics 365 URL (e.g.: https://MyDyn365.crm.dynamics.com/).
- “Your application id/client id” (mandatory field): Client id from the app that is registered in Azure. Use the client id previously created; refer to “Creating an App in your Azure account” (step 7).
- “Your application client secret” (mandatory field): Client secret from the app that is registered in Azure. Refer to “Creating an App in your Azure account“ (step 6, field “Value“).
- “Connect to CTI”: Check the box to enable the connection to the Talkdesk CTI. If you’re not using the Talkdesk CTI within your Dynamics 365 integration please leave it unchecked.
- “Synchronize Contacts”: Check the box to import and synchronize contacts from Dynamics 365.
- “Synchronize Agents”: Check the box to synchronize agents from Dynamics 365. Agents are linked based on their email addresses and can unlock advanced integration features.
- “Load Interactions”: Check the box to automatically load past interactions (e.g., cases) with your contacts when opening their profile.
- “Preview Actions”: Check the box to use your custom values and fields that you configured in Dynamics 365. Note: this may impact performance and API limits.
- “Interaction Types”: Select the type of interactions you want to load (Case, Task, and/or Note).
- “Contact Types”: Select the type of contacts you want to load (Contact and/or Lead).
- Once all the fields are filled in, click Save  in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Step required only if you are using Talkdesk CTI within your Dynamics 365 integration: go to the Agents tab, select the applicable agents, and set the Client Integration to Dynamics 365. For more details, please refer to this article.
The Talkdesk for Dynamics 365 integration is now complete and you can start adding your automations.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.