Through Talkdesk Secure Payments you can provide your customers with a secure payment mechanism.
When you secure a call using this service, your customers can make a payment by providing their credit card information on their phone, and neither Talkdesk nor your agents will have access to it.
Processing Payments on a Call
As of late 2023, we are upgrading our PCI payment path to a new, modern infrastructure, bringing minor changes to the way that agents process payments.
If you already migrated to the new method, known as the Reverse PIN method, please follow the steps in the corresponding section below. If you haven’t migrated yet, please refer to the Legacy Method section.
Additionally, please refer to this short video summarizing the differences between the two methods:
Note: Make sure you are using a phone number that is enabled for PCI.
1. Log in to the PCI Pal webpage when you are on a call with a customer and you need to process their payment.
2. Open the Conversations dialer pad .
3. Dial the token . Please note that you cannot copy-paste it.
Once you do it, the color of the phone icon will change to green, which means the call is secured.
4. Tell the customer to input their information on their phone’s dialer pad.
The encrypted information will be added to the PCI Pal webpage . Once all digits have been added, the next field will be selected automatically.
Tip: To reset any of the fields, simply click on the Reset button.
5. Once all relevant fields have been filled out, click on Process Transaction .
You will be directed to a new page where you can see if the transaction was processed successfully.
Reverse Pin Method
Please follow the steps below to process a payment in the course of a call.
1. The agent is presented with a PIN  and will then have to launch a payment screen by clicking on the Reverse PIN Payment button .
2. The agent then enters this PIN on the Secure ID field  to secure the call, and once the icon turns green and the call is secured, the agent fills in the client data fields (such as name, address and the transaction amount to be paid) , and clicks Next .
3. The customer then inputs their card information in the respective fields . Once finished, the agent will click on Send to Payment Gateway  to finalize the payment.
1. For outbound calls, the PIN corresponds to the last six digits of the dialed phone number. In our example, this corresponds to the number 710320, which the agent should copy .
2. After the payment screen is launched , the agent should paste the PIN into the Secure ID field  on the next window that is displayed.
3. Once the icon turns green and the call is secured , the agent can fill in the client data fields (such as name, address and the transaction amount to be paid) , click on Next  and instruct the user to input their card information to finalize the payment.