With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls and avoid manually updating two systems. You can create the following rules (and more) to keep your agents busy work to a minimum:
- When a new contact calls, create a contact in Microsoft Dynamics
- When an outbound call ends in Talkdesk, log a call in Microsoft Dynamics
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, update the contact in Microsoft Dynamics
- When an outbound call disposition code is set, create a lead in Microsoft Dynamics
Automated tasks will help to streamline the support and sales process and enhance the quality of service that your team provides to customers.
Note: Adding this integration to your account requires coordination from Talkdesk's support staff. Please contact email@example.com with your account's subdomain to get started.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on Dynamics 365 .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for Dynamics 365  if you don’t have any yet.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
- Once finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Example: Syncing a contact from an outbound disposition
Let’s take the example of syncing a contact in Dynamics 365 when an outbound disposition is set.
In section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like “When an outbound call starts  in Talkdesk then create customer  in Dynamics 365”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event”, to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details Talkdesk sends to Dynamics 365 by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
You can customize these fields according to your preferences, however, please note the First Name  and Last Name  fields are required for this automation.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time by switching the toggle to OFF / ON.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.