When someone calls your company, the ﬁrst greeting they will hear is your Welcome Greeting.
An example of a common Welcome Greeting is, “Thank you for calling mycompany.” or “Thank you for calling mycompany. Your business is truly important to us. Please hold while we connect your call.”
To customize a Welcome Greeting follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Select the "Admin" tab  at the top left hand side of Talkdesk.
- Click the "Numbers" tab  on the top left hand side of your account.
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Welcome Greeting.
- Click the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Welcome Greeting" .
- Add a new message  by following the steps below (or you can choose an already existing message ):
- Click the "Add New Message" link next to "Welcome Greeting".
- Assign your Welcome Greeting message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to audio, select "Text to Speech" and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File” and click the "Choose File” button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message.
- Once you have finished, click "Save" .
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.