Talkdesk's Click-to-Call extension allows you to use our Click to Call functionality and call your customers directly from your favorite Helpdesk, CRM, sales software or website through a simple click on a number.
How to Install:
- Add the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension from Chrome's Web Store here:
Once installed, the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension intelligently starts scanning your websites and systems, adding a link to each phone number. You can then initiate a call by simply clicking on the link with the Talkdesk phone icon, as per below example:
Installing this extension is also recommended if you're using Talkdesk's Callbar.
If your company uses G Suite by Google, then you can automate the installation of Talkdesk's Click-to-Call Chrome Extension and Callbar to all your agents by setting a policy. This will save time and make sure everyone in your team has what they need! To do this, simply follow the instructions here.
Helpdesk, CRM, sales applications and websites supported include:
- Help Scout
- Zoho CRM
- Every website that displays phone numbers through a standard URL-scheme (i.e. call to:, tel:, skype:, etc.)
Configuring your Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension settings
To configure Talkdesk's Click-to-Call settings follow the instructions:
- Type in chrome://extensions in the address bar  and press enter (or Click More  and then go to More Tools  and Extensions ).
- Search for Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension and click "Details" .
- Scroll down to "Extension options"  and click to open it.
The following screen will show up allowing you to change your desired settings :
You can configure and change the following options:
- Hide the Talkdesk icon that shows next to phone numbers, when these are highlighted by the Click-to-Call Extension
- Choose where you want the call to be initiated on: Callbar Chrome App, Talkdesk Main or Callbar App
- Enable an “Extended Detection Mode”. This will force Talkdesk to look for phone numbers in any website even when not following the recommended practices and format.
- You can also configure a list of exceptions. By entering a website in this list it will ignore it when trying to detect phone numbers. This is especially important as this extended detection may slow down the browser.
Once done ' Save'  your changes.
Note: It’s possible that some phone numbers on a public website are not getting properly fetched or hyperlinked; or they are getting hyperlinked but it’s not possible to click them to initiate a call through Talkdesk. This can happen for several different reasons, including:
- Web designers have not made the phone number on the website code into a proper link by wrapping it in an hyperlink with the tel: schema (you can learn more here).
- Phone numbers on the website were not correctly specified either in international, national formatting or in standard E.164 format: the plus sign (+), country code, area code, and number. If providing a number in local national format, they should also specify the country as an optional parameter. If no country is provided, this will default to US.
- Libphonenumber, Google’s open source phone number handling library, is used to properly format possible phone numbers for a given region, using length and prefix. While not absolutely necessary, it’s a good idea to separate each segment of the number with a hyphen (-) for easier reading and better auto-detection.