Talkdesk's Click-to-Call extension allows you to use our Click-to-Call functionality and call your customers directly from your favorite Helpdesk, CRM, sales software or website through a simple click on a number.
How to Install:
- Add the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension from Chrome's Web Store:
Once installed, the Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension intelligently starts scanning your websites and systems, adding a link to each phone number. You can then initiate a call by simply clicking on the link with the Talkdesk phone icon, as per below example:
Installing this extension is also recommended if you're using Talkdesk's Callbar.
If your company uses G Suite by Google, then you can automate the installation of Talkdesk's Click-to-Call Chrome Extension and Callbar to all your agents by setting a policy. This will save time and make sure everyone in your team has what they need!
Helpdesk, CRM, sales applications and websites supported include:
- Help Scout
- Zoho CRM
- Every website that displays phone numbers through a standard URL-scheme (i.e. call to:, tel:, skype:, etc.)
Configuring your Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension settings
To configure Talkdesk's Click-to-Call settings follow the instructions:
- Type in chrome://extensions in the address bar  and press enter (or Click More  and then go to More Tools  and Extensions ).
- Search for Talkdesk Click-to-Call extension and click "Details" .
- Scroll down to "Extension options"  and click to open it.
The following screen will show up allowing you to change your desired settings :
You can configure and change the following options:
- Hide the Talkdesk icon that shows next to phone numbers, when these are highlighted by the Click-to-Call Extension
- Choose where you want the call to be initiated on: Callbar Chrome App, Talkdesk Main or Callbar App
- Enable an “Extended Detection Mode”. This will force Talkdesk to look for phone numbers in any website even when not following the recommended practices and format.
- You can also configure a list of exceptions. By entering a website in this list it will ignore it when trying to detect phone numbers. This is especially important as this extended detection may slow down the browser.
Once done ' Save'  your changes.
Note: It’s possible that some phone numbers on a public website are not getting properly fetched or hyperlinked; or they are getting hyperlinked but it’s not possible to click them to initiate a call through Talkdesk. This can happen for several different reasons, including:
- Web designers have not made the phone number on the website code into a proper link by wrapping it in an hyperlink with the tel: schema.
- Phone numbers on the website were not correctly specified either in international, national formatting or in standard E.164 format: the plus sign (+), country code, area code, and number. If providing a number in local national format, they should also specify the country as an optional parameter. If no country is provided, this will default to US.
- Libphonenumber, Google’s open source phone number handling library, is used to properly format possible phone numbers for a given region, using length and prefix. While not absolutely necessary, it’s a good idea to separate each segment of the number with a hyphen (-) for easier reading and better auto-detection.