With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls without having to go back and forth updating two systems with redundant information.
Once you have activated your BigCommerce integration, you can start adding your automations.
You can create the following rules to keep your agents' busy work to a minimum (and more):
- When an outbound call starts in Talkdesk, create customer in BigCommerce.
- When an inbound call starts in Talkdesk, create customer in BigCommerce.
- When an outbound call ends in Talkdesk, update customer in BigCommerce.
- When an inbound call ends in Talkdesk, update customer in BigCommerce.
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, update customer in BigCommerce.
Automated tasks will help to streamline customer interactions and enhance the quality of service your team provides to customers.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the 'Admin' section .
- Select the 'Integrations' tab  and click on the BigCommerce 'Settings' button.
- Click on 'Add your first automated task for BigCommerce'  (Or, 'Add New Automated Task' if this is not the first automated task).
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
Follow these steps to set up an automated task for outbound calls, so that when an outbound call to a new contact is started, Talkdesk creates a new customer in BigCommerce.
Select the trigger as 'When an outbound call starts  in Talkdesk, then create customer  in BigCommerce'.
You can customize the contact details to be sent to BigCommerce by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes, such as:
Drag the "Contact first name" field 
Drag the "Contact last name" field 
Drag the "Contact email" field 
Drag the "Caller’s number" trigger field 
Once you complete this configuration, click 'Save'  to activate the automated task.
Talkdesk will then automatically create a new customer in BigCommerce each time an outbound call to a new contact is started.
You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time by switching the toggle to 'OFF' / 'ON' .
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.