Talkdesk allows agents to add people who don't use Talkdesk to the call and transfer callers to their favorite business contacts with one click using a Hotlist.
To accomplish this, Talkdesk admins simply compile a Hotlist of External Favorite Phone Numbers.
Once the Hotlist is compiled, agents can select the desired external phone number from the dropdown Hotlist menu that will appear after selecting the Transfer button or 'Add Guest' while on a call.
To compile your Hotlist of External Favorite Phone Numbers in Talkdesk, please follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the 'Admin' section .
- Select the 'Preferences' tab .
- Scroll down to the 'Agent Workflow' section.
- In 'External Favorites', click on the 'here' link .
- Type in the name and phone number of the contact you would like to add to your Hotlist .
- You can add as many phone numbers as you would like by clicking the 'Add Phone Number' link .
Note: If the device you’re forwarding to has an extension, you can make use of the 'Ext.' field. For example, if 205-444-5555 has an extension #1212, you can type in 1212 on the Ext. box so it is also automatically dialed.
Also, during a warm transfer, if a machine answers the call, calls get routed back to Talkdesk instead of ending on the agent’s personal mobile or external phones’ voicemails. By placing an asterisk (*) symbol instead into the extension field of the external number, you can disable AMD for that number and, as such, "force" calls onto that external number, regardless of any machine answering it.
- Once you have finished, click 'Save' .
Talkdesk will store your favorite external phone numbers into a Hotlist.
The next time an agent is on a call, these numbers will be available for call transfers and conferencing, after selecting the Transfer button  or 'Add Guest'.
To view your Hotlist of External Favorite Phone Numbers, click on 'Call External Number'  and then select the star next to the number field .