In Talkdesk, agents can manually pause and resume call recordings.
Once an administrator has enabled this feature, agents will see a small recording button in the bottom right corner of Callbar:
To pause the recording, they simply need to click the button .
This is an excellent feature if you wish to, for instance, prevent the recording of any sensitive information (i.e, credit card details, etc.) during a call. The feature can even be used in conference scenarios, where the first agent will be the one having control of the recording.
To enable "Pause Recording" for the entire account, please follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the Admin section .
- Select the Preferences tab .
- Scroll down to the "Call Settings" section .
- In "Agent-initiated Pause Recording", click Yes to turn on the feature, or No to turn it off .
- Save your changes .
To define different "Pause Recording" settings per phone number, please follow these instructions:
- Select the Admin section .
- Select the Numbers tab .
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure this setting.
- Click the Custom Settings tab .
- Select Yes next to "Override Account Settings" .
- Select Yes in "Agent-initiated Pause Recording" .
- Press Save at the bottom of the page to apply your changes.
Note: If no rule is set for Agent-initiated Pause Recording, the phone numbers will inherit the account settings.
Learn more about how to pause call recordings with Callbar.