Talkdesk has a great feature that allows agents to manually pause and resume call recordings.
Once this feature has been enabled by an administrator, agents will see a small recording button at the bottom right of Callbar. To pause the recording they simply need to click this button :
This is a great feature if you wish to, for instance, prevent the recording of any sensitive information (i.e credit card details, etc.) during a call.
To enable Pause Recording for the entire account follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the 'Admin' section at the top of the page .
- Click the 'Preferences' tab .
- Scroll down to the 'Call Settings' section .
- In "Agent-initiated Pause Recording", click 'Yes' to turn this feature on  or 'No' to turn it off.
- Save your changes .
To define different Pause Recording settings per phone number, follow these instructions:
- Select the 'Admin' section .
- Select the 'Numbers' tab .
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure this setting.
- Click the 'Custom Settings' tab .
- Select 'Yes' next to 'Override Account Settings' .
- Scroll down to the 'Call Settings' section.
- Select 'Yes' in 'Agent-initiated Pause Recording' .
- Press 'Save' at the bottom of the page to apply your changes.
Note: If no rule is set for 'Agent-initiated Pause Recording', numbers will inherit the main account settings.
Learn more about how to pause call recordings with Callbar.