Automatically updating an existing ticket with call information has never been easier. Using Talkdesk's Automated Tasks, it is possible to create a ticket in Zendesk as soon as the call starts, work on the ticket while speaking with the customer and automatically add call details once it ends.
Adding an automated task to create a ticket
The first step to have the call details automatically updated is to add a Zendesk automated task to create a ticket when a call starts in Talkdesk. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator. Click the Admin section .
- Click on the Integrations tab .
- In the “Integrations Manager” page, click the Zendesk integration .
- Click on Create automation .
- Once in the new automated task page, pick the trigger and action :
- “In Talkdesk when an inbound call starts then create a ticket”.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs by dragging and dropping the following applicable "Event Fields" on the left  into the Zendesk ticket fields on the right .
- When you finish, click Save at the top of the page.
- You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time, by switching the toggle to Enabled/Disabled.
Automatically updating the ticket with call details
A new automated task will have to be created to enable the call details to be automatically updated into the ticket
- Click on Create automation.
- Once on the “Integrations Manager” page, pick the trigger and action :
- “In Talkdesk when an inbound call ends then update ticket”.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs by dragging and dropping the event fields on the left  into the Zendesk integration fields on the right . You can mark the comment as an internal note to keep the call details hidden from the customer.
- Click Save at the top of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time, by switching the toggle to Enabled/Disabled.
Talkdesk will then automatically discover the previously created ticket and update it accordingly at the end of the call: