With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls and avoid manually updating two systems. You can create the following rules (and more) to keep your agents busy work to a minimum:
- When a new contact calls, create a new contact in Nimble.
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, update the contact in Nimble.
- When an inbound call ends in Talkdesk, log a task in Nimble.
- When a voicemail is left in Talkdesk, log a task in Nimble.
Automated tasks will help to streamline the support and sales process and enhance the quality of service that your team provides to customers.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on Nimble .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for Nimble  if you don’t have any yet. This will take you to the automation configuration page.
- Customize the automated task according to your needs.
- Once finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Example: Creating a contact from an outbound call
Let’s take the example of creating a contact in Nimble when an outbound call starts.
In section 1, "Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like “When an outbound call starts  in Talkdesk then create a contact  in Nimble”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event”, to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details Talkdesk sends to Nimble by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
You can customize these fields according to your preferences, however, please note the First Name  field is required for this automation.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automated task. You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time by switching the toggle to OFF / ON.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.