With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls and avoid manually updating two systems. You can create the following rules (and more) to keep your agents busy work to a minimum:
- When a call goes to voicemail, create a ticket with the recording in Freshdesk
- When a call is missed, create a new ticket in Freshdesk
- When a call ends, update an existing customer in Freshdesk
- When a new contact calls, create a new customer in Freshdesk
- When a contact is updated in Talkdesk, update the customer in Freshdesk
You can also use your Freshdesk custom ticket fields. Automated tasks will help to streamline the support and sales process and enhance the quality of service that your team provides to customers.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on Freshdesk .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for Freshdesk  if you don’t have any yet. This will direct you to a page where you can define your new automation’s parameters according to your needs.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the integration.
Example: Creating a ticket after an inbound call
Follow these steps to set up an automated task to create tickets after agents end an inbound call.
In Section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like, “When an inbound call ends  in Talkdesk then create ticket  in Freshdesk”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event,” to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In Section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details sent to Freshdesk by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For this example, the Subject , Description , or Email .
For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automation. You can disable and re-enable this trigger at any time by switching the toggle button to OFF / ON.
Updating Freshdesk data without leaving Talkdesk
Agents can also manually create and update contacts in Freshdesk without leaving Talkdesk’s web dashboard. They can manually create a new ticket, add notes or use other custom ticket fields in Freshdesk directly from the Talkdesk interface.
Update contacts in Freshdesk by selecting the relevant action under Freshdesk Actions  for the required contact. We will pre-fill information for improved productivity.
This information will be automatically added to both Freshdesk and Talkdesk.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.