When your Talkdesk account is created, there are two automated tasks that we have already set up for you and that are enabled by default: to send the account creator an email notification every time a call is missed and when a voicemail is left.
Admins, however, can add as many new automations as needed (e.g., notifying agents when a voicemail is assigned to them, when a voicemail transcription is made available, when an agent logs into Talkdesk, etc.), edit or disable these automations at any time.
To edit the email notifications for missed calls, please follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the Admin section .
- Select the Integrations tab .
- In the “Integrations Manager” page, select the “Email Notifier” integration .
- Click the settings button next to the “Send email when call is missed” automation and select Edit :
Note: If you wish to preserve the original automation before editing it, you can simply clone it by clicking the Clone button. It is also possible to delete an automated task; however, please note that once deleted, you will have to recreate it from scratch if ever needed again. Switching the automation off in the toggle bar at the bottom of the page might be a better option in case you don't want it in use now but feel you might need it in the future.
- Edit and customize the information that is sent in the email by dragging and dropping the applicable "Trigger fields" on the left , into your customized email :
- Missed Call from (i.e., date and time the call was missed, contact phone number, number dialed, dialed extension, contact name, etc.).
- Caller’s information (i.e., caller’s name, email, phone number, UUID, company, etc.).
- To add a user to receive these email notifications, enter the new email address on the “To” field . Use a comma to separate multiple email addresses.
- It is also possible to use the “Event filters” so that emails are only sent when a call is missed:
- From a specific number.
- On a specific phone number.
- On a specific extension.
- From a specific customer.
- Only during business hours.
- Only outside of business hours.
Learn more about how to define automated tasks with filtering options.
When you have finished, remember to click Save at the bottom of the page to apply your new settings.