Automated tasks help streamline the support and sales process and enhance the quality of service that your team provides to customers. With automated tasks, your agents can stay busy handling calls and avoid manually updating two systems. You can create the following rules (and more!) to keep your agents’ busy work to a minimum:
- When a call goes to voicemail, create a new ticket in Freshservice.
- When a call is missed, create a new ticket in Freshservice.
- When an outbound call ends, create a new ticket in Freshservice.
To configure an automated task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Admin  > Integrations .
- Click on Freshservice .
- Click Add New Automated Task or Add your first automated task for Freshservice  if you don’t have any yet. This will direct you to a page where you can define your new automation’s parameters according to your needs.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the integration.
Example: Creating a new ticket when a call is missed
Follow these steps to set up an automated task to create tickets when agents miss an inbound call.
In section 1, “Choose a Talkdesk event and an action”, use the dropdown menus to configure a statement like, “When a call is missed  in Talkdesk then create ticket  in Freshservice”.
If desired, you can click Add filter in section 2, “Define event,” to fire this automation only when certain conditions are met.
See our full documentation on Automated Tasks Filters for more information.
In section 3, “Define action”, you can customize the details sent to Freshservice by dragging the relevant fields into the text boxes. For this example, the Subject , Description , and Email  fields are required.
For more information, read the article Automated Tasks Fields.
Once the configuration is complete, click Save at the bottom of the page to activate the automation. You can disable and re-enable this trigger at any time by switching the toggle button to OFF / ON.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, do not hesitate to contact Talkdesk Support.