The Flow Trigger component always marks the beginning of a flow. If a component is not directly or indirectly connected to a Flow Trigger component, it will be ignored.
Adding a Flow Trigger Component
1. Click on a Virtual Agent model and select Automation Designer .
2. You will be taken to the Automation Designer tab inside the Builder app, where the flow configuration will take place.
3. Under “General”, select the Flow Trigger component  and then drag it to a canvas on your right side .
4. Double-click the component. Then, the component settings panel  will appear.
5. Provide the required details of the component.
- “Component name” : The name of the Flow Trigger component. The name can only contain letters, numbers (except as a first character), and underscores, and can be as long as 30 characters.
- “Intent” : A drop-down field that allows you to specify the intent which triggers the flow. From the drop-down list, select an available intent or click Add new intent to create a new one. When a user sends a message, the Virtual Agent checks the user’s message against the existing intents’ training phrases in Talkdesk AI Trainer. If the intent of the message has a matched training phrase with a confidence level higher than the defined confidence score, the Flow Trigger component will be activated. The intent created here is also available for use in an Ask component.
6. After the component is created, you can connect it with another component. Keep in mind that a Flow Trigger component cannot have any incoming arrow.
7. Click Save .
Note: A red exclamation mark will appear on the component node if any required field is invalid. Hold the pointer over it to see further details.
Deleting a Flow Trigger Component
1. On your canvas, click the Flow Trigger component you want to delete and then press the backspace key (Windows) or the delete key (Mac) on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can double-click the component and select Delete in the side panel that appears.
2. Click Delete component in the dialog that appears to confirm the deletion.