Talkdesk Activities give users the ability to access, through ServiceNow, all important data regarding each Voice and DCE (SMS, Email, Chat) Talkdesk “interaction”. This means that a record of each “activity” is created every time a defined event occurs on the Talkdesk side (e.g. when a call finishes, an interaction record is created in ServiceNow). The creation of this record allows you more contextual data available in “real-time” in ServiceNow.
To have access to this feature, please follow these steps:
- Upgrade/Install version 2.13 (or higher) of Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector in ServiceNow.
- Contact your CSM or Talkdesk Support to request the enablement of Talkdesk Activities in your account.
- Make sure that the users who need to have Talkdesk Activities enabled have access to the Talkdesk app for their role. The ServiceNow system admin user can manage which security roles have permission to see the app.
Note: Both Talkdesk User and Talkdesk Admin roles on ServiceNow have access to the Talkdesk Activities feature.
To see all the Talkdesk Activities records created in ServiceNow, please:
Select the subsection Talkdesk Activities under the “Talkdesk” section in the Filter Navigator.
Note: By default, Talkdesk Activities are sorted by the creation date of the record in ServiceNow, with the most recent one at the top.
You can also see all the Talkdesk Activities related to each ServiceNow user/consumer/ customer (synched) on the respective record page. For this:
- Open the user/consumer/customer record page.
- Switch the view to “Talkdesk” by opening “Additional actions”  and click on Talkdesk in the View section.
- After selecting the Talkdesk View, you will find the “Talkdesk activities - Contact” tab  in the related lists section at the bottom of the page, where all Talkdesk activities related to the user/ consumer/ customer are listed.
If the user has the "TD agent" role, an additional related list  related to all activity steps in which the agent was involved is also shown.
Note: Talkdesk Activities records are created from the moment the feature is activated forward. No interaction prior to activation is shown in this list.
Talkdesk Activities and Steps
Talkdesk Activities are records of all activities and their related steps created in ServiceNow every time a defined event occurs on the Talkdesk side. Talkdesk Activities are structured on two different levels:
- Activity: the Activity contains interaction data. This includes information related to the activity such as contact details, time metrics, feedback, routing, recordings, speech analytics, and digital interactions (DCE - SMS, Email, and Chat) information. Each Activity may have multiple Steps.
- Activity Step: the Activity Step contains information about the individual Step itself, which means part of the Activity. Every time a call is added to a queue or transferred to another agent, a new Activity Step is created and related to its respective Activity.
Activities have a unique interaction ID (based on the new Talkdesk data model) and contain details about each interaction from beginning to end.
Within the form of each Talkdesk Activity, there are different sections:
- The “Activity details” section stores information regarding the interaction (call, SMS, e-mail, or chat) and stores the interaction_id as the unique identifier of the Talkdesk Activity.
- The “Contact information” stores data about the contact or the person calling.
- “Time reports” stores data about time-related events and metrics.
- In “Feedback” you can find data that comes from customer feedback about calls.
- “Routing information” shows the steps the caller took through IVR.
- “Recordings” shows the URLs to the call recordings.
- “Speech analytics” logs call transcriptions for accounts using Talkdesk Agent Assist with Transcriptions enabled.
- In “Digital interaction”, you can find data about e-mail, SMS, and chat channels that happen in the Talkdesk Digital Channel Engagement product.
- In “System information”, you can see dates and times of when ServiceNow records were created or updated.
- In “Additional information” you can make notes about each activity.
Note: The fields are populated according to multiple factors such as type of interaction, direction, and the Talkdesk products active in the account.
- At the bottom of the page, you have the Talkdesk activity step table, where you can find a list of all steps generated within this Activity. From this list, you can see all the activity steps data available.
The activity step has a unique Talkdesk contact ID (based on the new Talkdesk data model) and contains information about the individual step itself. Every time a call is added to a queue or transferred to another agent, a new step will begin, and a new entry will be created to represent it under the umbrella of the respective Talkdesk Activity.
Within the form of Talkdesk Activities Steps, there are different sections:
- “Step details” has data about the step and the contact_id as the unique identifier of the Activity Step.
- In “Contact information” you will find caller information.
- In “Agent information” you will find data about the agent.
- In “Forward”, you will find information about any call transfers.
- In “SLA”, you have information about the service level agreement.
- “Time reports” stores data about call time-related events and metrics.
- In “Created on”, you have the date and time of when the ServiceNow record was created or updated.
- In “Additional information” you can write notes about the activity.
Note: The fields are populated according to multiple factors such as type of interaction, direction, and Talkdesk products active in the account.
If you have any questions or would like any assistance, please submit a request to Talkdesk.