To be able to receive inbound calls in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you need to configure a Studio flow in Talkdesk.
This is a required step to ensure the Voice Call record is created in Salesforce and the call is correctly routed.
To create a new studio flow, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account, and select the Admin tab .
- Select Studio.
- Click Create flow .
The Assignment and Dial component allows you to change the configurations to ring the incoming call to multiple or single agents, ring to ring groups, or any other Studio functionality.
The flow can use any of Studio’s capabilities, with no limitation regarding Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice.
If you’re having issues receiving calls in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice Omni-Channel widget, make sure that:
- The contact center phone number(s) are assigned to the Studio flow.
- The flow is successfully published without errors.
- All variables in the flow are properly mapped.
- The agents receiving the call have their statuses set to available in both the Salesforce Omni-Channel and Talkdesk.
Once the flow is correctly set up, you should start receiving inbound calls through the Salesforce Omni-Channel widget.
For more information on creating more complex Studio flows, read the documentation on studio components.
If you need to add a “Record” component to the flow, it’s essential to create a function first.
Follow these steps to create the function:
- Select the Admin tab .
- Select Studio.
- Go to the Functions tab .
- Click Create function .
- Add a Name and Description;
- Create two outputs of type Boolean:
The function will save the recording selection and send the information to Salesforce.
When creating the flow and using the record component:
- Add a “Run function” component as the exit of the “Record” component.
- If the “Record” component is set to Disabled:
- Add the “prevent_start_recording” variable to the return_true output.
- Add the “force_start_recording” variable to the return_true output.