With the Dynamics 365 Connector integrated with Talkdesk, all the data resulting from calls made through Talkdesk is stored in the “Talkdesk Activity” objects.
The feature is generally available with version 22.214.171.124 of Dynamics 365 connector. To have access to the feature, follow these steps:
- Upgrade/Install the version of T4D365 v126.96.36.199 solution of Dynamics 365
- Contact Talkdesk Support or your CSM and request the enablement of Talkdesk Activities in your account.
- Make sure that the users who need to see Talkdesk Activities have access to the Talkdesk app enabled for their role.
In order to see Talkdesk Activities, you must select the Talkdesk app in the App Launcher.
The system admin user can manage which security roles have permission to enter the app.
Once you enter the app, a new section called “Talkdesk Activity” will appear.
Talkdesk Activities and Contact Activities
In line with the Explore reporting from Talkdesk, in “Talkdesk Activities” there are two types of records storing information about calls:
- A Talkdesk Activity is created for each Interaction.
- A Contact Activity is created for each transfer within that Interaction.
Activities at the Interaction level have a unique interaction_id and contain details about each interaction from beginning to end.
Within the General section of Talkdesk Activities, there are four tables:
- The first one groups the general information about the call and stores the interaction_id as the unique identifier of the Talkdesk Activity.
- The “Digital Interaction” one shows information about interactions that happen in Talkdesk Digital Channel Engagement product.
- “Customer Satisfaction” registers the data that comes from agent and customer feedback about the call.
- In “Speech Analytics”, the call’s transcription will be logged at the end of the interaction for accounts using Talkdesk Agent Assist with Transcriptions enabled.
Within the details section, the user is able to see:
- Some metrics about interaction time on the “Time Reports” section.
- General information about the call.
- The URL to access the call recording, if recordings are enabled for the account.
In the Talkdesk Contacts tab, the user will find a list of all contacts generated within this interaction. From this list, the user can access contact information and metrics.
Activities at the contact level have a unique contact_id and contain information about the individual contacts themselves, for which there may be multiple during the course of a single Interaction. Every time the call is added to a queue, or transferred to another agent, a new contact will begin, and a new contact is created to represent it under the umbrella of the Talkdesk activity created for that call.
In the General tab of the Contact activity record, the user can see general information about the contact, such as the agent who handled it, the customer information, and the Contact ID (the contact’s unique identifier).
In the details section, the user is able to see information about contact details and SLA compliance (if these are configured on the Talkdesk account), as well as time metrics about the contact and information about how the call was handled in the contact center or if it was forwarded to an external number.