If you’re using Agent Assist and don’t have a dedicated Knowledge Base, it is still possible to choose the option “Remote File” as a Knowledge Base type and connect files to Agent Assist.
In this article, we describe the process by which one can prepare knowledge base data to be indexed to the Agent Assist - Configuration service, using the Remote File Connector.
Follow the steps below to make the necessary configurations:
1. Gather the information you wish to be indexed in the Agent Assist service, divided by article. Each article should have the following information:
2. Create a .json file for each article according to the following format:
"article_type": "ARTICLE", "knowledge_base_type": "FILE", "original_content": "",
"text": "<insert_article_content>", "title": "<insert_article_title>", "url": "<insert_article_url>"
Note: Replace the text, title, and URL within the placeholders <> with your own content. We do not recommend changing anything else apart from these items.
3. Compress all the .json article files you create into a single zipped file.
This zipped file must now be uploaded to a platform that allows the Agent Assist service to download it. We suggest uploading it to Google Drive and proceeding as follows:
1. Right-click on the file and click on Get link .
2. Change the Restricted sharing option to Anyone with the link .
3. Now, copy the ID part of the link that you’re shown  and save it for the next step.
4. Let’s head to Agent Assist - Configuration. Click on New Knowledge Base .
5. Select the Remote File  option and click “Continue”.
6. Fill in the “Name”  and “Description”  fields.
Note: Please be aware that no spaces should be used in the “Name” field.
7. Fill in the “URL” field with the content below. Make sure to replace “<YOUR_ID>” with the link ID you copied in step 3.
8. Provide a start date and time for the Knowledge Base to retrieve content .
9. Select a period in which the content of the Knowledge Base should be updated .
10. Click Create  to finalize the process.
11. We recommend clicking on “Run Test” to ensure that the configuration has been done successfully.