Lightning Flows is a feature in Salesforce that creates automated processes for customer interactions. Talkdesk allows you to invoke Lightning Flows from Talkdesk events (e.g., call start, call end, etc.) through its Salesforce automations.
If the feature is enabled in your account, you can invoke Lightning Flows from Talkdesk events according to these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Lightning Flow Automations sub-tab.
- Step 2: Create and Activate a Flow.
- Step 3: Add and Enable the Lightning Flow Automation.
Step 1: Navigate to the Lightning Flow Automations sub-tab
- Log into Salesforce and navigate to Talkdesk Admin . You'll be prompted to log into Talkdesk if Salesforce doesn't recognize you have an active session.
- Navigate to Automations . The Lightning Flow Automations  sub-tab should be visible
- Note: To see this option, you must have at least version 3.6 of the Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package, and Lightning Flows needs to be enabled.
Step 2: Create and Activate a Flow
- If this is your first time accessing the Lightning Flow Automations sub-tab you will be prompted to create a missing configuration.
- Click Create  to proceed.
- Choose the trigger event  that will invoke your Lightning Flow.
- Note: The trigger event list here is the same as seen in Talkdesk's main web application > Admin > Integrations > Salesforce > Add New Automated Task.
- If you don't have a Lightning Flow yet, select + Create Flow . This will open a modal window.
- Note: Only flows of the type "Autolaunched Flow with No Flow Trigger" are usable.
- If you already have a Lightning Flow, select it and proceed to Step 3.
- Click Continue . This will redirect you to the flow builder webpage in a new tab where you can define the exact nature of the Lightning Flow.
- For complete instructions how to draft your Lightning Flow, visit Salesforce's Flow Builder documentation.
- Tip: Talkdesk has Lightning Flow templates based on the initiating Talkdesk event in the Flow. This can be added to your Salesforce managed package by request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable these templates.
- Once the flow is completed and saved it needs to be activated at the Flows page. Navigate to the Flows page by going to Setup  > Process Automation  > Flows .
- Tip: You can also search "flows" in the Quick Find bar to find this page.
- Once at the Flows page, click on your new flow  to go to its configuration page.
- Once at the flow's configuration page, ensure at least one flow version is active by looking at the Status  column.
- Note: If all flow versions are inactive, activate one by clicking Activate in the Action column .
- Return to Talkdesk Admin > Automations > Lightning Flow Automations. Refer to the instructions in Step 1 if needed.
Step 3: Add and Enable the Lightning Flow Automation
- Select a Flow  and click Add Flow . Talkdesk Admin will load it as a disabled automation.
- Note: It may take a moment for the automation to load. If it takes more than 15 seconds, refresh the page and retry adding the flow.
- Click the automation's toggle button  to enable it.