- To use Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice (T4SCV), both Salesforce Service Cloud Voice licenses and Talkdesk Salesforce licenses are needed.
- T4SCV is only supported in Lightning Experience.
- T4SCV is incompatible with Talkdesk Conversations App. Make sure Talkdesk Conversations App is disabled for users using T4SCV.
- Talkdesk’s New Data Model is unsupported in T4SCV.
- T4SCV is designed to use the Omni-Channel utility to answer and make calls. Don’t use other softphone utilities, as Open CTI, with the Omni-Channel utility in the same Lightning Service Console app.
Setup and Configuration
- Before setting up T4SCV, the Talkdesk for Salesforce (T4SF) package must be installed and integrated.
- The Salesforce Integration User License should not be used in Salesforce to integrate T4SF or T4SCV. The license will cause several problems, including Talkdesk activities not being created and contact and agent sync failing.
- The integration user should have access level to “All Email on Salesforce”, to be able to proceed with the Setup.
- The regions have to match between the Talkdesk account and the T4SCV contact center. If they don’t, an error appears and the contact center will not be created.
- The default country prefix number is defined in the Contact Center configurations. If you’re trying to dial a number without a prefix, the dial pad adds the configured prefix. If the number is from another country, the call will fail.
- Users must be created on the Talkdesk and Salesforce sides and must have the same email address to be recognized as the same user. If the above requirement is not met, some features, such as presence sync and call transfers, will not work.
Wrap-up Stage Configurations
- On the Talkdesk side, the “Wrap-up stage” and “Internal transfers” must be enabled. This configuration should be enabled by default when you add the Talkdesk for SCV contact center to a user in Salesforce.
- On the Talkdesk side, the “Wrap-up form” must be disabled. This configuration should be enabled by default when you add the Talkdesk for SCV contact center to a user in Salesforce.
- The “Wrap-up timeout” on Talkdesk side is irrelevant, the Salesforce timeout will prevail. If there’s no timeout configured in your Salesforce org, the Talkdesk timeout will prevail.
Presence Status Sync
- Don’t open Service Cloud Voice in multiple browser tabs. Opening Voice in multiple tabs causes the agent’s status to become out of sync.
- Agents must log out of Omni-channel before logging out of Salesforce and before closing the browser tab, otherwise the agent’s status isn’t synced between Omni-Channel and Talkdesk.
- Presence sync is unidirectional, from Salesforce to Talkdesk, meaning that changes in Omni-Channel statuses change to the corresponding status in Talkdesk, but the opposite is currently unavailable.
- Agents shouldn’t manually put the call on hold before transferring it. The call will be put automatically on hold once the agent makes the transfer.
- When starting a transfer, contacts and queues should load first before the user starts using the search functionality, otherwise the list displayed may break.
- The status of the agents in the transfer list does not update automatically.
- In order for a transfer to a queue (ring group) to be successful, the queue cannot be empty.
- When performing a blind transfer, if the agent is unavailable (for instance, with the offline and busy statutes), then the transfer fails, and the call is disconnected.
- Transfers from TD Conversation agents to T4SCV agents are not supported.
Recordings and Transcriptions
- To access the recording, the agent needs to log in to Talkdesk through the Omni-channel component.
- The call is only recorded if there is any sound to record. If the caller and the agent are silent, there won’t be an available recording.
- If you pause a record, you can access to the first leg of the recording in the Voice Call. On Talkdesk you can access the full recording..
- When a call ends, the recording takes a few seconds to load. If the recording player shows the message “We can't load the recording”, please refresh the Lightning tab.
- All agents involved in the transfer will have the recording from the original agent and not his own audio.
- Only the first leg of the recording will be available for Einstein Conversation Insights. This means that if the call is paused or transferred, the recording is not fully shared.
- Transcripts are not generated for calls between agents. As an example, during a call transfer, when both agents are connected, transcripts are not created.
- In order to listen to calls, the Supervisor needs to be logged in on the Omni-channel widget, even if not available.
- If the Supervisor starts listening to a call that is on the Wrap-up stage, the Supervisor will just listen to hold music.
- When mapping a Salesforce Queue to a Talkdesk Queue in Salesforce, the Talkdesk Queue name must match the exact queue name on the Talkdesk side.
- Automated queue synchronization is unsupported. As such, admins must ensure the agents assigned to the Salesforce Queue match the ones assigned to the Talkdesk Queue. Routing will take into consideration the agents assigned in the Talkdesk Queue.
- Skills-routing is not supported.
- The case pop automation only works on console apps.
- The contact pop must be configured on the Salesforce side.
To know more about Salesforce limits and limitations for the Service Cloud Voice product, click here.