To upload a CSV list of Contacts into Talkdesk follow these steps:
- Prepare the CSV file to import, which must follow the columns (values) shown in our template. It must also explicitly use the UTF-8 encoding format when being saved. Here is the example template file.
- Select the Builder section .
- Select the Integrations tab .
- Click on Add Integration, look for "Contact Importer", and click the Add Integration button .
- Click the Choose File button  and locate the CSV file you prepared in step 1.
- Specify the tag that will be used for all the contacts imported from the CSV file .
- Tick the boxes next to "Synchronize Contacts" and "Contact Types" .
- Click the Save button and the import process will start.
The time it takes to import the contacts will depend on the number of contacts in the CSV file.
- Contacts are de-duped based on phone number and email address.
- Uploads will take some time to process and appear in your account (it takes approximately one hour to process 10,000 contacts).