To upload a CSV list of Contacts into Talkdesk follow these steps:
1. Prepare the CSV file to import, which MUST follow the columns (values) exactly as our template. It MUST also explicitly use the UTF-8 encoding format when being saved. Here is the example template file.
2. Select the 'Admin' section .
3. Select the 'Integrations' tab .
4. Look for CSV Importer and click the 'Connect' button below it :
5. Press the 'Choose File' button  and locate the CSV file you prepared in step 1.
6. Specify the tag that will be used for all the contacts imported from the CSV file .
7. Tick the boxes next to 'Synchronize Contacts' and 'Contact Types' .
8. Just click the 'Save' button and the import process will start .
The time it takes to import the contacts will depend on the number of contacts in the CSV file.
Important Points to Note:
- Contacts are de-duped based on phone number and email address.
- Uploads will take some time to process and appear in your account (it takes approximately one hour to process 10,000 contacts).