Virtual Agent Automation Designer - Conversational Automations: Conversation Markers
The Conversation Markers in Talkdesk Virtual Agent™ allows you to define the specific points in conversational automations to extract data. You can monitor, in real time, all conversations running between Virtual Agent and your users.
Conversation Markers provides a simplified way of extracting specific metrics from Conversational automations inside Automation Designer. As an admin, you can define markers in the Conversation Markers tab of each of the digital components, and then monitor them in the Overview tab of your Virtual Agent.
To create a conversation marker, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the virtual agent you wish to edit . The Overview page appears.
2. Select Automation designer  on the left-side panel. It is located inside the Builder app, where all flow configuration takes place.
3. Once there, you’ll see the created flows on your canvas. Double-click on the component you want to add a conversation marker, and on the component settings panel, do the following:
- Select the Conversation marker  tab.
- Activate the toggle  to associate a Conversation marker with the component.
- A new window appears with a list of the conversation markers previously created on the system. You can select one  or add a New conversation marker.
- Give the new conversation marker a “Name” , referring to the type of action you want to audit. In this case, we’ll use the recurrent “Canceling Order” request.
- Write a brief summary of that marker on the “Description”  field.
- When you’re done, click Save . You can undo this action anytime by clicking Cancel, on the left side.
- When you’re done, click Save .
4. After completing the task, you’ll see the conversation marker icon on the selected component, with a small orange icon at the corner. This way, you know which steps of the flow will have markers extracted.
- You can create as many conversation markers as you want. The Conversation Markers are available on conversational components only, and unavailable on Execute action, Split flow, and Function components. You can delete a marker at any time by going to the marker settings and switching it off.
- You can also click on the Conversations markers  menu, on the right side of the window.
You can see all existing markers in the automation, edit them, and create new ones.
To test everything you set up so far, use the embedded simulator on Automation Designer to interact with the Virtual Agent and generate data.
If you go back to the Overview tab, you’ll see the “Conversations markers” widget, with metrics.
If you click on the View all option, you can see all available conversation markers. By default, on the main widget, only the five markers with more hits appear.
To edit the conversation markers visualization, click on the settings icon.
Here, you can add a conversation marker to be displayed on the Overview page, or alter the order in which they appear. In this case, on the bar, search for the first marker you want to see on the list and do the same for the remaining markers.
Afterward, you can Save, or delete the pin of a conversation marker by selecting the trash icon.