AI Launchpad eases the enablement process of any Talkdesk AI product by providing easy-to-use configuration capabilities.
By using AI Launchpad, you can enable Talkdesk AI products in a self-serve manner.
When you first access the AI Launchpad app, you will be presented with the “My area” main page. On this page, you will see the access points (onboarding cards) to help you configure the different AI flows for each of the products.
Below the onboarding cards, you will also see all the products that you already have installed.
To understand how to configure AI Launchpad, please read through the instructions below.
Enabling Voice Transcription
Products that need voice transcription such as Agent Assist, and Customer Experience Analytics, should be first configured by opening the Voice Transcription card. Then, the configuration should happen as follows:
1. Select the product that you wish to configure  and click Next .
2. Select the language(s) that you wish to use in your account by clicking on the respective card(s) . The languages presented in the tiles are the most used languages. Click to select one or more of these languages. These correspond to the ones that you wish to use. Later, you can associate them with “segments”, i.e., ring groups and/or agents.
3. If the language that you wish to use is not represented in any of the cards, select it from the “More options” dropdown menu .
4. Select a language for the default AI flow . The default AI flow will consider the first language selected (or a different one if explicitly selected) as the default one. Selecting this default language is not mandatory, but it serves the purpose of having a rule that is applied to any conversation which is not covered by any of the more comprehensive rules, such as those defined by ring groups or agents. This language rule will automatically encompass all agents and/or ring groups, as the following window will show .
5. Click Next .
6. Add the “segments” to each of your AI flows by selecting the Agents or Ring Groups option from the dropdown, along with the respective agents or ring groups .
7. Select the call direction from the following options: Inbound, Outbound, or Inbound & Outbound .
8. Add as many segments to your AI flow as desired by clicking Add  and selecting the options as described in 6 and 7.
9. Click Next .
10. Review the configurations of the AI flow(s) that are going to be created. Click All Set  to end the configuration process and publish the AI flow(s).
Adding AI Models to your Speech-to-Text Configurations
Once the voice transcription has been configured in the languages of choice for Agent Assist or Customer Experience Analytics, AI Models can be added to each AI flow.
From the AI Launchpad main page, you can enrich your flow with an AI Model by:
- Clicking on the AI Models card on AI Launchpad main page, selecting the AI product that you wish to configure , and clicking Next .
- Locating the flow to which you will be adding the AI Model  and selecting the specific “Enrich AI flow“ tile relevant to the flow that you wish to modify . This tile will only appear under the name of the flow if it still hasn’t got an AI Model associated with it.
In any case, you will be directed to the page below where you will be able to perform the following configurations:
1. Select the AI flow to which you want to apply the AI Model .
2. When doing so, you will get a listing of all the AI Model possibilities regarding your language. Select the AI Model that you wish to apply to your AI flow .
3. If you do not wish to use any of the available AI Models, you can create a new AI Model by clicking on the Create intent model option . Please see the AI Resources section for more information on how to do it.
4. The “Preview” section will show you a summary of your selection .
5. Click Next .
6. Choose a name for the AI flow  and, if necessary, add a description .
7. Click All set to confirm the selection of your AI model .
On this page, you can see and manage your AI Models.
There are two types of AI Models:
An intent model is a general-purpose, trainable, intent detection model. It’s a classifier that accepts text as input and outputs one or more pre-configured classes. An intent model can be attached to a variety of product flows and can be shared across them.
Conversational models are conversational intent models that support conversational use cases, such as the ones for Virtual Agent and Agent Assist’s Smart Scripts.
From the several types of Conversational models available, we are currently offering support for Conversational models which can be applied to our portfolio of products as seen below. Please be aware that a Conversational model can be created in AI Launchpad but will not be ready to be used with any of your AI flows until an automation is published within that model. This can be done in Automation Designer and is a mandatory step for your Conversational models to be listed in AI Launchpad during the enrichment stage of any AI flow.
- Virtual Agent - Customer-facing, voice, digital.
- Smart Scripts - Agent-facing, digital.
- Feedback Surveys - Voice and digital.
Creating an AI Model
1. Once you’re in the AI Resources tab, click on Create new .
2. A side drawer will open where you will be able to customize your new AI Model. Fill in the options as described below:
- “AI Model type” : Select Intent Model or Conversational model.
- “Name” : Add a name to your AI model.
- “Description” : If necessary, add a description to our AI model.
- “Service Provider” Select a provider and then, a language.
3. Finish the creation process by clicking Create AI model .
Be aware that when creating AI Models from the AI Resources page, the created model will not be associated with any of your AI flows and will, therefore, not be in use until you add it to one of your flows. Read through the Adding AI Models to your Speech-to-Text Configurations section to learn how to do it.
It is also possible to create an AI Model in the edit screen of a specific AI flow:
4. Click on the more options icon [...] of the flow for which you’d like to create a new AI Model , followed by Edit .
5. Then, on the Edit screen, select the Intent Model tile  and click on the Create intent model option .
6. After this step, you will be taken to the same page mentioned in point 1; The configuration steps will also be the same as the ones described there.
If you’re creating the AI Model directly in the edit screen of a specific AI flow, this AI Model will automatically be selected by default so that when you save your flow, the model will start being used within the context of that flow. Please note that this model will also be made available for use in other flows, but to enable its use in those additional flows, you need to edit each and select the proper model.
All products installed in AI Launchpad have a corresponding tier. This tier is a reference so that you know to which capabilities you are entitled.
In AI Launchpad, there are 3 different tiers, represented by tags - “Starter”, “Standard”, and “Premium”.