We’re excited to announce the launch of the new Talkdesk Academy on September 30, 2022.
Talkdesk is committed to serving our global customer base by investing in self-service resources that empower our customers and partners to find answers at their fingertips. We continually reevaluate our resources and systems to ensure we’re delivering support that is convenient, flexible, and always available.
The new Talkdesk Academy provides an elevated learning experience with diversity of content that meets different needs and learning styles through product training collections and new certifications.
What will you find in the new Talkdesk Academy?
- My Trainings - All the training courses assigned to you and their status (in progress and complete).
- Trainings - All training collections organized by product. Each product training collection houses all training courses related to that specific product.
- Certifications - Available certification programs that you can take to invest in your career. If you’ve previously taken training courses that were part of a certification, the completed courses will count toward your certification progress - there is no need to retake the same training.
And much more to come!
This isn’t just a new look for Talkdesk Academy. We aim to deliver tailored content that can better support your teams in their preferred language. As the international presence of Talkdesk continues to grow, it’s important for us to facilitate learning, development, and support in the preferred language of our customers. With this in mind, we’re proud to announce that Spanish-speaking users will be able to find Talkdesk Knowledge Base articles and Talkdesk Academy courses in Spanish as of October 2022. We’ll continue to explore opportunities to support more languages that will accommodate our global customer base.
We are excited for you to see what we've been working on!
When will it happen?
The new Talkdesk Academy will be live on September 30, 2022.
What is the impact of this enhancement?
- Launch day downtime: During the transition period, the morning (PST) of September 30th, there may be some downtime to load the new Talkdesk Academy.
- Training courses and certifications: All of your historical learning records are still available. You don’t need to retake complete training courses or certifications. However, if any training course is in progress, you will need to retake it in the new Talkdesk Academy.
What action is required?
- Complete in-progress training: We recommend you complete all your training courses and certifications by Thursday, September 29th, if possible, so we can migrate your latest learning data by the launch day.
- Login: If you already have a Talkdesk Academy account you don’t need to create a new one. However, when accessing the new Talkdesk Academy for the first time, you still need to fill in the registration form. Please enter your Talkdesk account email address so we can authenticate it, and add some information regarding your role and preferred language for tailored coursework based on your needs.
- Analytics Managers: If you are a Talkdesk Administrator and currently tracking your team’s progress, you won’t have a real-time learner status dashboard available - we are working on it. In the meantime, we will have the ability to email you a tailored report by request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc’ing your CSM, requesting your report and its frequency needed.
Will the Talkdesk Academy web address (URL) change?
No. Talkdesk Academy will keep the same address: academy.talkdesk.com
Will I need to create a new account to access the new Talkdesk Academy?
No. Once you enter your Talkdesk account email address to log in for the first time, you will be asked to authenticate your current account without setting a new password. However, we will ask you to fill in some information regarding your role and preferred language so we can better suggest coursework based on your needs.
Will I need to retake my training courses and certifications?
No. We migrated your learning records into the new Talkdesk Academy. You can find your certification badges in the My Training area. Please note that quiz results from previously completed courses may not be available and we are only considering training courses that have been completed. If any training course is pending completion, you will need to retake it in the new Talkdesk Academy.
What should I expect on the transition day - September 30th?
Learners may experience some downtime on September 30th with Talkdesk Academy as the new platform comes online.
What will happen if I’m taking training courses and certifications through the end of September?
We recommend you complete all your training courses and certifications by Thursday, September 29th. We will be migrating your learning achievements and certifications to the new Talkdesk Academy, so expect some delay in your learning progress status in the new Talkdesk Academy. Please note that we will only consider the complete status of your training courses. If any training course is pending completion, you will need to retake it in the new Talkdesk Academy.
As a Talkdesk Administrator, will I be able to track my team’s progress?
We are still working on providing a real-time learner status dashboard. In the meantime, we can email you a tailored report upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com, cc’ing your CSM, requesting your team’s report and the frequency needed.
Where can I find more information?
Please do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.