- Configuring Touchpoints
- Accepting Conversations Manually or Automatically
- Simplified Routing
- Personalized Inbox
- Linked Queues Labels
- Additional Resources
With Talkdesk Digital Engagement, you’re able to configure the SMS channel for your contact center, helping your team easily manage conversations and offer efficient and personalized customer service.
On Workspace, select the Channels section of the “Admin” app. Each channel displays the number of touchpoints it features. The SMS channel tab contains the following information:
- “Phone number”: List of touchpoints (phone numbers) enabled for the SMS channel.
- “Friendly name”: Each number can have a friendly/custom name, for easier identification.
- “Routing”: This configuration can be altered in “Edit” Mode.
- “Assigned to”: The connected Studio flow, Queues (for simplified routing), or the Agent associated with the touchpoint. This configuration can also be altered in “Edit” Mode.
There are two different ways to edit a touchpoint:
- Click the More options action button (3 dots), as shown in the image above, and select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you can also click the phone number, which will lead you to the “Number configuration” page. Here you can view information on the touchpoint and use the Edit button to access the editing options.
The “Routing type” drop-down menu contains 3 options:
- “Dedicated agent”: By choosing this option, you need to assign one Agent to that touchpoint. This way, conversations using that phone number go directly to their Assigned to you tab, where they are identified by a “Dedicated” tag.
- “Simplified Routing”: Assign the queues you want to associate with the touchpoint. All conversations sent to this touchpoint will appear in the selected queues, and only Agents belonging to these will be able to view and assign them.
- “Studio”: If you want SMS to follow a configured flow, click the Config Studio flow button to be redirected to Talkdesk Studio and manually configure the Studio flow.
Click the Save button to activate the changes to the touchpoint.
Accepting Conversations Manually or Automatically
In Studio, Admins can configure manual accept or auto accept for incoming conversations.
- Manual Accept: Agents can accept or reject an incoming message. If it's rejected, the conversation may ring other Agents associated with the flow.
- Auto Accept: Agents do not have to accept and decline, as conversations will appear directly in the Assigned to you tab.
When this option is selected, SMS conversations will be routed to the appropriate group of Agents, thus improving productivity.
Each Agent can have one or multiple Ring Groups. Now, instead of receiving and being able to assign all kinds of conversations in the Inbox, Agents only receive SMS directed to their Ring Group(s).
Note: Agents need to have at least one Ring Group in common with the Touchpoints’ Queues to begin receiving conversations from that number.
Linked Queues Labels
The Inbox now features labels identifying the Queues associated with that respective touchpoint.
Assigned to You Tab
After assigning a conversation, Agents will continue to see the associated Queues in the Snapshot tab.
Auto-assign conversations to an Agent whenever an SMS is sent to a touchpoint that is configured as a dedicated line. The conversations will then appear in the Agent’s Assigned to you tab.
The conversations now feature a visible “Dedicated” tag.
The use of Studio Flows provides a wider range of routing and assignment options, like time-based actions and prioritization of conversations.
SMS conversations coming through Studio Manual Accept will appear as “Incoming” in the Assigned to you tab, in a push model (ringing screen) in which the Agent will have to accept or reject it. Upon acceptance, the Agent can follow up on the conversation. If the Agent rejects it, depending on the Studio flow rules, the conversation may be redirected to another available Agent.