Published: Mar 10, 2022
Talkdesk® will release version 4.2 of the Talkdesk for Salesforce Managed Package on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. Please see below for details regarding the upgrade schedule and summary of new features.
When will it be available?
From March 15, 2022 onwards the new version will be available on the AppExchange. To upgrade to the newest version please download it from AppExchange, or request the upgrade through your Customer Success Manager or Talkdesk Support.
For accounts with package versions previous to 4.0, manual steps are required. As a result, the upgrade must be requested through your Customer Success Manager or Talkdesk Support.
Which new features are included with this version?
Salesforce Relate To
- Relate to Custom objects - Now customers will be able to use the Salesforce Relate to feature with custom objects by setting up to 3 custom objects they wish to relate calls to. This will improve the overall adhesion of the Relate To functionality to specific business use cases that don’t use the salesforce standard objects as their main focus, allowing the creation of better relations and context data.
Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce
- Dynamic Campaigns - From now on, every change made to a dialer list will be reflected automatically in all Talkdesk campaigns that are dialing based on that dialer list. This ensures that running campaigns are always up to date, while agents are dialing their record lists.
- Dialer Campaigns History Logging - There is a new object to log the history of changes in talkdesk campaigns, such as addition and removal of records from a campaign and the result of each call attempt made within a dialer campaign. With this information, customers will now be able to build custom Salesforce reporting on dialer campaigns performance using this object.
New features available in Talkdesk Mobile App
- Relate to Case/Opportunity available for Talkdesk Mobile app - The relate to Case and Opportunity is now also available within the Talkdesk Mobile App. With this Talkdesk mobile agents will be able to relate their calls with the relevant salesforce records on a seamless experience between desktop and mobile.
New Talkdesk Data Model
- Introduction of Digital Engagement data in Talkdesk activities - Within the new Talkdesk reporting Data Model, we are adding digital interaction data from Talkdesk Digital Customer Engagement (DCE) to the Talkdesk activities. Customers leveraging Talkdesk DCE available channels, will be able to have relevant data about conversations start/end, channel used, customer and a link to navigate to the conversation itself merging once again Salesforce and Talkdesk.
Note: This feature will not be available immediately with the package upgrade as it depends and it is only available for customers leveraging the New Data Model. For enablement and additional details please reach out to Talkdesk Support or your Customer Success Manager.
Bug fixes and enhancements with this version
- User Deactivation Management - Fixed a bug where customers could not deactivate a user in Salesforce without deactivating it in Talkdesk also. Now when a user is deactivated in Salesforce, it remains active in Talkdesk, unless it is also deactivated on the Talkdesk side. To activate this bug fix for your account, please reach out to Talkdesk and ask for its activation to Talkdesk Support or your Customer Success Manager.
- Talkdesk Dialer for Salesforce Custom Modal - The custom modal configuration for dialer campaigns already works with the new version of the dialer.
- Talkdesk Activities for Proactive Outbound calls - Now the calls made through proactive outbound create only one talkdesk activity that is marked as coming from proactive outbound, instead of two talkdesk activities.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.