“Designer” enables you to design the conversational experience of a virtual agent.
When you access the Designer tab, a blank canvas will be displayed, where you can start designing a conversation flow:
Learn how to navigate through the canvas by following the steps below.
1. When the Designer’s window is opened, a blank “Canvas 1” will be automatically displayed. If you wish to change the canvas’ name, double-click on its original name . When the side drawer appears, enter the new name in the “Name” field .
2. Add a description  if necessary.
3. Click Save  to finish the name change process.
Canvas Toolbar and Navigation
1. Click on the (+) and (-) signs to zoom in  or zoom out  of the center of the canvas.
2. Return to the initial position, by clicking on the reset button .
3. Click on the Navigator button  and move the cursor of the mouse to navigate through the canvas to the position of your choice.
Adding a New Canvas
1. If you wish to create a new conversation flow, click on Add canvas . A new blank canvas will be instantly displayed on your screen.
2. To switch between canvases, simply click on the canvas you wish to open.
3. If you wish to reposition any of the canvases, select the desired canvas and drag it to its new position.
Managing Intents and Entities
Intents represent the intention conveyed in the client’s message. Regardless of how the client expresses the intent, Virtual Agent is in charge of understanding the underlying message.
Entities, on the other hand, represent the object or context of an action. Examples of entities include locations, dates, brands, or company names, among others.
Both intents and entities are configured in “Designer” and passed on to the Virtual Agent so that the conversation is as smooth and natural as possible.
To manage intents and entities, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the more options “...” button  and then on Manage intents & entities .
2. A side drawer will open, enabling you to navigate between the Intents  or the Custom entities  tab.
3. In the Intents tab, you will be able to perform the following actions:
- Adding  or editing  an intent. If you choose any of these actions, you will be able to change the intent’s name and associate it with an entity, if desired. Click on “Confirm” to finalize the process.
- Deleting an intent .
4. In the Custom entities tab, you can perform the following actions:
- Adding  or editing  an entity. If you select any of these actions, you will be able to change the entity name, as well as add one or multiple values and synonyms, if necessary. Click on “Confirm” to finalize the process.
- Deleting an entity .
Use the components on the left-hand side of the screen to build your conversation flow. Please visit this page to find out more about each of these components.
Saving and Publishing
1. When you have finished creating your conversation flow, click on “Save”  in the top-right corner of the page. If the flow does not present any errors, it will show as “Validated”  and the Publish  button will be made available.
2. If the flow presents errors, a warning message will be displayed on the page and the errors will be listed and highlighted in red when the view all button  is clicked.
3. Make sure to correct the errors and proceed to save and publish the conversation flow to finalize the process.
Note: Talkdesk uses default Service Quotas to make sure a Virtual Agent and the components it contains work in an expected way. For more information, contact your Customer Success Manager or Talkdesk Support.