The Escalation component is used to escalate a conversation so that an agent can take over.
Adding an Escalation Component
- Click a Virtual Agent model  in the list and select Designer .
- Under “General”, select the Escalation component  and then drag it to a canvas on your right side .
- Double-click the Escalation component. Then, the component settings panel  will appear.
- Provide the required details of the component.
- “Component name” : The name of the Escalation component. The name can only contain letters, numbers (except as a first character), and underscores, and can be as long as 30 characters.
- “Escalate interaction” : The flow will be ended with the call escalated based on “Escalation Exit” in Studio. For the “Ring group” field, specify the value for the “escalate_to” variable in Studio.
- Click Save .
- After the Escalation component is created, you can add a connected component before it, while no component can be added after it. This is because the Escalation component ends the conversation and hands over the control of the conversation to Studio by existing through “Escalation Exit”. Keep in mind that if the component is not directly or indirectly connected to a Flow Trigger component, it will be ignored when the flow is executed.
Note: A red exclamation mark will appear on the component node if any required field is invalid. Hold the pointer over it to see further details.
Deleting an Escalation Component
- On your canvas, click the Escalation component you want to delete, and then press the backspace key (Windows) or the delete key (Mac) on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can double-click the component and select Delete in the side panel that appears.
- Click Delete component in the dialog that appears to confirm the deletion.