Each flow must have the Flow Trigger component, as it marks the beginning of a flow. If a component is not directly or indirectly connected to a Flow Trigger component, it will be ignored.
Adding a Flow Trigger Component
- Click a Virtual Agent model  in the list and select Designer .
- Under “General”, select the Flow Trigger component  and then drag it to a canvas on your right side .
- Double-click the component. Then, the component settings panel  will appear.
- Provide the required details of the component.
- “Component name” : The name of the Flow Trigger component. The name can only contain letters, numbers (except as a first character), and underscores, and can be as long as 30 characters.
- “Intent” : A drop-down field that allows you to specify the intent which triggers the flow. From the drop-down list, select an available intent or click Add new intent to create a new one. When a user sends a message, the Virtual Agent checks the user’s message against the existing intents’ training phrases in Talkdesk AI Trainer. If the intent of the message has a matched training phrase with a confidence level higher than the defined confidence score, the Flow Trigger component will be activated. The intent created here is also available for use in an Ask component.
- Click Save .
- After the component is created, you can connect it with another component. Keep in mind that a Flow Trigger component cannot have any incoming arrow.
Note: A red exclamation mark will appear on the component node if any required field is invalid. Hold the pointer over it to see further details.
Deleting a Flow Trigger Component
- On your canvas, click the Flow Trigger component you want to delete, and then press the backspace key (Windows) or the delete key (Mac) on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can double-click the component and select Delete in the side panel that appears.
- Click Delete component in the dialog that appears to confirm the deletion.