On Monday, February 21st, 2022, we will release a new version of Conversations.
This release includes the following new features, enhancements, and fixes, for Talkdesk Digital Engagement™:
- SMS touchpoint to associate Classic and Studio Routing
We will be bringing a new section for SMS touchpoints configuration in the Channels app. With this new functionality, you will be able to define the routing type for each SMS number:
- Basic routing.
- Direct assignment.
- Studio flow.
This way, you can start having SMS conversations being routed through the Income Message Studio Flows. This will give you the ability to:
- Send automated messages.
- Add time-based rules.
- Decide if the SMS should be directly assigned to a specific agent.
- Decide if the agent should be able to accept or reject the SMS.
These numbers settings will only be used for SMS channel and will not be applied to Voice, which means that for the same number you can have two different routing types depending on the Channel. Once the application is available on your account, the numbers will still be associated with the voice ring groups until you change the routing type in this new SMS touchpoint list.
- Ability to change the styling of the initial screen (Chat):
On the Chat widget, you can now change the initial screen colors, font, and images to customize it to meet your company’s needs. Configuration keys will be available on our Knowledge Base, allowing you to edit the script and customize the initial screen experience.
- Email EA Improvements:
- File size limit of 5 MB per attachment was removed. The total email size limit continues to be 25 MB.
- Draft conversations are not stored in local storage.
- User Interface was improved to show an error message when the sending of an email fails.
- Limit Phone Numbers Within Drop List (SMS):
When initiating a new SMS conversation, only SMS-enabled numbers will appear in the dropdown list for selection.
- Chat Provisioning enables outbound SMS capabilities:
For accounts with Live Chat enabled, SMS was being presented as a clickable option on the New Conversation button, allowing an agent to try and send SMS. This issue is now fixed.
- Welcome screen with Voice dial pad by default:
In order to allow agents to work more efficiently, the default screen of Conversations will now present the dial pad to start a voice conversation, when there are no ongoing conversations.