How to access the “Multi-Storage” feature?
Admins can access the “Multi-Storage” feature by following these steps:
- Click on the Admin option on your left side .
- Select the Storage tab . Then, you will view the “Storage Settings” page and access the list of all the “Data Storage Locations” available for your account .
Adding a New Custom AWS Bucket
Admins can add multiple custom AWS buckets to their accounts. By adding new buckets, the users can manage where they store their call recordings, voicemails, and screen recordings (if applicable).
To add a new storage location, please follow the steps below:
1. Select the Add new Storage Location button .
2. On the pop-up window, click on the Custom Storage Amazon AWS option .
3. Click on the Continue button .
4. Provide a “Name”  for the custom storage, and, if necessary, add a “Description” , as well. Then, click on the Continue button .
Note: There is no limit to the number of storage in use.
After creating a new storage location, you will need to provide the following data for your bucket:
1. Add a “Bucket Name” .
2. Choose a “Region” from the drop-down list .
3. Insert a “Role ARN” . Note: To know more about where the users get the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) data’s from, please read this article.
4. Click on the Save button . Once you select this button, the connection will be tested and the data validated. Note: In case the custom storage has been correctly created, it appears a success message on the button of the page, and will appear listed on your “Data Storage Locations” page.
Note: Please be aware that to configure a new custom bucket, you must previously set up an AWS bucket. To learn how to configure a Custom Storage, please read this article.
Selecting and Changing the Default Buckets
In case Admins have several AWS buckets, they can define which of them is the default one. The default bucket will be the one where their recordings are stored if no policies apply to all other buckets.
The default storage is signed in the “Data Storage Location” list and identified with an icon next to its name .
- By default, the “Talkdesk storage” is defined as the default bucket.
- Only one bucket can be set as default.
- The default bucket does not have a policy assigned.
In case you wish to change the default bucket, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Choose default storage button .
2. On the pop-up window, select from the drop-down list the file you want to make as default . Note: Please be aware that these changes will only be applied to new recordings.
3. Select the Save button . From this moment, the bucket that you selected is considered the default one.
Defining and Editing the Bucket Policy
To define in which bucket your recordings must be stored, you will need to define the policy associated with them.
For each policy, you can assign the account phone number(s) (inbound and/or outbound).
It is possible to define inbound/outbound numbers as a policy and select one or several inbound/outbound numbers for each policy.
All recordings (Calls, Voicemails, and Screen Recordings) associated with inbound/outbound numbers will be stored in the selected bucket.
To define/edit the policy of a custom bucket, follow the steps below:
1. On the “Data Storage Locations” page, click on the “Assign storage policies” icon .
2. A drawer will appear, where you can search and/or select from the drop-down list the number(s) available to be assigned to the chosen bucket .
3. Select the Apply button .
The numbers that are already assigned to another storage are not available to be assigned. To add a policy to a number already associated with another policy, you must first deselect it from the other policy and then associate it with this one. If you hover the mouse over a number already associated with another policy, a label will appear to identify the name of the bucket that has this number associated with it .
When a bucket does not have a policy defined, a warning icon is presented next to its name .