Talkdesk® will release version 3.24 of the Talkdesk for Salesforce Managed Package on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. Please see below for details regarding the upgrade schedule and summary of new features.
When will it be available?
Specifically for the Fall ’21 release, Talkdesk will not be pushing this upgrade to all customers.
On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, Talkdesk will make version 3.24 of Talkdesk for Salesforce available on the AppExchange. If you would like to have the managed package upgrade pushed automatically, please request this through your Customer Success Manager.
For specific details and additional information regarding the new package, please refer to your Customer Success Manager, or submit a request via the Talkdesk Support Portal.
What new features will this version bring?
- Speed Dialer - The Speed Dialer mode will allow users to manually select records from a list view of contacts, opportunities, accounts, cases or leads, and click to quickly create a dialing list of those records. By clicking the Speed Dialer button, the user will be prompted to select dialing mode and action, and a Talkdesk campaign will be automatically created in the background with the records selected. This will allow the user to be redirected to the dialing page and start dialing right away.
- Automatic Relate to - There will be a new dialer setting, enabling calls made through Salesforce Dialer or Talkdesk Outbound Dialer to be automatically related with the Salesforce record being called. The relation will be made through the Talkdesk activity record. Note: for customers using Talkdesk Outbound Dialer this feature will only be available if leveraging the custom synchronization process.
- Transcription information in Talkdesk Activity - This version will include new fields in the Talkdesk Activity record to store information about call transcription. For customers using Talkdesk’s transcriptions, it will be possible to access the transcription directly from the Talkdesk Activity. This feature requires the customer to have Speech Analytics or Quality Management Assist enabled for their account.
- Talkdesk id field changes - from now on the field Talkdesk id will be populated by the interaction id, instead of the call id. This will still be a unique identifier of the activity.
- Proactive outbound call data - it is now possible for customers using Talkdesk Outbound Dialer to request that those outbound Talkdesk Activities be logged in Salesforce as part of the normal call data sync.
Bug fixes and enhancements with this version
- Salesforce Dialer - Fixed a bug in which campaign creation would fail if the user tried to create a campaign with more than 10 thousand records. Now it doesn’t fail, but the limit of records in a campaign remains 10 thousand.
- Salesforce Dialer - Fixed a bug to allow editing and starting of a campaign that is created with a start date previous to the present day.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Coming Soon - Action Required by Winter ‘21
Although previously noted as coming with the Fall ’21 release, this change will only become available with the Winter ‘21 release.
Changes to the Talkdesk Activities Data Model
With the update to the New Data Model in Salesforce, the Talkdesk Activities data model will have the new contacts and call data and structure available. The new data model will provide customers more granular data by offering two distinct Talkdesk Activities, one by contact (or transfer) and the other by call.
In order to access all Talkdesk information via the new data model, customers will need to update their managed package to the latest version by the Winter ’21 release.
If you would like access to the new Talkdesk Activity data model in sandbox first, please contact your Customer Success Manager.