This article is focused on the steps to install and configure the Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
Note: You can find the Installation Guide (PDF) in our listing in the ServiceNow Store, under the “Supporting Links and Docs” section.
Before starting, first ensure you have one of the compatible versions of ServiceNow, meaning Jakarta or newer.
Next, go to our listing in the ServiceNow Store and download the Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
Note: You’ll need the credentials to your Service Now HI (Hosted IT Infrastructure Library) portal to proceed.
Follow the instructions below to complete the installation of the Taskdesk ServiceNow Connector into your ServiceNow environment:
- List of required plugins:
System Import Sets
- List of required system table permissions:
After installing the application, go through and complete the instructions in the following sections.
Generating a New Client Secret (mandatory)
In order to generate a new client secret, follow the next steps:
- Navigate to System OAuth  > Application Registry  to display the applications’ registries records.
- Open the Talkdesk record.
- Delete the content from the Client Secret  field.
- Click on the Update  button and save the changes. A new client secret will be automatically generated.
- Click on the lock icon  next to the Client Secret field to check its value. Note down both the Client ID and the Client Secret values because they’ll be needed to set up the integration on the Talkdesk side.
Note: If the form is read-only and you cannot change any value, make sure you are under the Talkdesk application scope; since this record belongs to the Talkdesk application, any change has to be under it. Go to System Settings > Developer and make sure “Application” is set to Talkdesk.
Creating a Generic User Account (mandatory)
In order to create a user account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to System Security  > Users and Groups  > Users  to display all the users in the ServiceNow instance.
- Click on the New button .
- Populate all mandatory fields with the necessary information, if any.
- Check the “Web Service Access Only” field  (optional).
- Check the “Talkdesk Agent” field  if this user is to be a Talkdesk Agent (i.e. able to work with Talkdesk features) (optional).
- Click on the Submit  button.
Note: Access the new user and grant it the “x_talkd_td.admin” role. It’s important that you note down the Username (User ID) and Password values because they’ll be needed to set up the integration on the Talkdesk side.
Talkdesk CTI OpenFrame
In order to receive and make calls or pop interactions or other objects, you will need to use the Talkdesk CTI in OpenFrame.
The following steps show you how to do add a new OpenFrame Configuration:
- Navigate to OpenFrame  > Configurations  to display the OpenFrame Configurations list.
- Click on New .
- Then, fill in the fields as follows:
- “Name”: Talkdesk CTI UI Page.
- “URL”: x_talkd_td_talkdesk_cti_client.do
- “Width”: 410
- “Height”: 410
- “Icon Class”: icon-phone
- “Active”: true
- In the search bar  type: “sys_properties.list”.
- Search by the Name  “glide.ui.concourse.onmessage_enforce_same_origin_whitelist”.
- Type in the Value  “https://cti-client.talkdeskapp.com”.
Note: If the form is read-only, and you cannot change the value, make sure you are under the Global application scope; since this record belongs to the Global application, any change has to be under it. Go to System Settings > Developer and make sure “Application” is Global.
- After a hard refresh, the Talkdesk Agent must log in to the CTI OpenFrame with their Talkdesk credentials .
Note: In order to use the OpenFrame CTI, all agents have to be identified with the “sn_openframe_user” role.
Granting Talkdesk Roles and Privileges (mandatory)
In order to use the features available in the Talkdesk for ServiceNow application, it’s necessary to grant Talkdesk Agents and Admins the necessary roles.
- All the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Agents must be assigned the “x_talkd_td.user” role before they can use the features as designed.
- All the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Administrators must be assigned the “x_talkd_td.admin” role to use the features as designed and also be able to change the value of Talkdesk properties and make further necessary configuration.
The Talkdesk for ServiceNow Connector makes use of and integrates with ServiceNow modules such as Incidents, Orders, and Interactions. In order to see each type of record, the ServiceNow users who are Talkdesk Agents should have all the necessary roles to match the ACL’s on the ServiceNow instance.
You can find and explore all the features available for the ServiceNow integration here.
Connecting With External Systems
The following information is necessary to successfully connect Talkdesk to the ServiceNow instance:
- Instance URL.
- The Client ID and Client Secret of the Talkdesk application (can be found in the System OAuth > Application Registry > Talkdesk as described in the previous “Generating a New Client Secret (mandatory)” section).
- The Username (User ID) and Password (created in the previous “Creating a Generic User Account (mandatory)” section).
After these steps are completed, you are ready to move on to the next phase, the integration activation. Please check our ServiceNow Integration Activation article to learn more.