On Friday, July 23rd, 2021 Talkdesk® released version 4.7 of Talkdesk Omnichannel™ with the new features and bug fixes described below:
- Persistent pre-chat forms on the LiveChat widget: Until now, pre-chat forms would disappear once completed by a user and then return the customer to the thread view in the widget. We have enhanced this experience by keeping the survey responses in the thread, for the agent to refer to, making it a more transparent conversation.
- Capturing and showing pre-chat form details on the Chat Console: Talkdesk Omnichannel will now display pre-chat responses in the chat thread for the assigned agent. This improvement will help agents understand the initial reason for the conversation, supporting quick and efficient resolution times.
- Conversation thread closure on the LiveChat widget: To prevent closed chats from being reopened, Talkdesk Omnichannel will prevent customers from responding to a LiveChat conversation after it has been closed. When the user enters a thread that is already closed, the composer will be disabled, and a banner message will be displayed on the widget. Users will need to initiate a new chat on the threads screen in the widget to talk to an agent.
This Omnichannel release also includes the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue that occurred when agents responded via Email while using the Cc (Carbon Copy) field to multiple customers. Occasionally a customer email ID would disappear after a browser refresh or using the refresh feature in the chat selection from My Chats.
- Fixed a bug in handling attachments on WhatsApp, where attachment names would be displayed as “null” in the Chat Console.
- Fixed a bug in which mandatory attribute checks were missing for the thread ID when chats on LiveChat were created via our APIs.
- Fixed a bug where there wasn’t a chat abandonment announcement in Get Chat API (<URL>/<version>/chats/<chatid>) when using LiveChat.
- Fixed a rare UX issue where a profile icon would be displayed next to the template name when using the template shortcut (/) to search for templates in the message composer.
- Fixed a bug that would occur occasionally where, while integrating with Talkdesk Omnichannel using the “append” API operation, Talkdesk Omnichannel would incorrectly process messages that belonged to a chat that was “on Hold”. This would only affect chats "on Hold”.
- Fixed a UI issue for LiveChat Surveys where the text body of the survey questions would line break in the center of a word, degrading customer experience.
- Corrected a discrepancy in data counts being displayed between the Client Admin and Customer Care Dashboards. This was due to a bug in factoring in the chat acceptance threshold limit for agents.
- Fixed a bug where Chat Console would occasionally fail to show the placeholder “No conversations awaiting agent action” message in the Team’s Queue upon refreshing the page.
- Fixed a bug that caused slow loading times for the Live and Virtual Agents’ details on the Admin Console Users page.
- Fixed a bug causing inconsistent usage of time zones for timestamps of messages in all the API responses.
- Fixed a bug that caused failure to create a user when the administrator attempts to invite an agent from the Team Manager’s settings to a new team.
- Fixed UX issues on a LiveChat widget when a user hovers on “OK” or “Skip” buttons while taking the survey.
- Fixed an issue where chats created via proactive messaging would fail to display the initial message (MO) in the chat console for specific channels.
For more information, please check the Talkdesk Omnichannel Advanced Documentation, which is being continuously updated.