Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice (SCV) integrates digital channels and Salesforce data with voice communications - all in one central view embedded within the Salesforce UI.
In order to use the full currently provided capabilities of this product, the following items are required:
- Salesforce org in Summer 21 release or above.
- Service Cloud Voice licenses.
- Salesforce org using the Lightning Experience UI.
Note: During the Early Access phase, it is mandatory that Product and Professional Services are involved in the setup and enablement of this product. Some steps in this setup guide will have a clear reference to this.
To start using Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you should go to the App Launcher and search for the Talkdesk Contact Center Lightning App.
- In the Talkdesk Contact Center Lightning App, go to the Salesforce Omni-Channel widget .
- Then, log in by filling your account name  and afterwards using your Talkdesk credentials.
Once successfully authenticated, the dialpad is shown and Talkdesk for Service CloudVoice is ready to be used.
Outbound Call Flow
Outbound calls can be made either through click-to-call, by clicking on any phone field on the Salesforce UI, or by inputting the desired number on the dial pad and clicking on the Call  button.
Note: The default country prefix number is defined in the Contact Center configurations. If trying to dial a number without a prefix, then the dial pad will add the configured prefix. If the number is from another country, different from the default country prefix, the call will fail to dial. As best practice, input the country prefix number when performing outbound calls.
Once the call starts, the call controls within the Salesforce Omni-channel widget will become accessible, enabling the user to end the call, mute, start or stop recording, and add or transfer  to another agent.
Note: For the first phase of Early Access, start/stop recording will be unavailable. More information about recordings is available in the Recordings section of this document.
Every time an outbound call is made, the corresponding Voice Call record is created and automatically appears as a pop-up to the relevant user in Salesforce. When the call ends, this Voice Call record will be updated with new data about the call.
- The default outbound number must be set on the Talkdesk side under Talkdesk Admin. Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice will follow that configuration.
- After Call Work and the Call Disposition Dialog must be disabled for both Inbound and Outbound calls, for agents using Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice. If these features are active, agents will not be able to perform consecutive outbound calls or receive inbound calls without refreshing the page. For more information on how to enable and disable these features, read the article After Call Work & Call Disposition Dialog.
Inbound call Flow
To be able to receive inbound calls in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you first need to configure a Studio flow in Talkdesk.
If you’re having trouble receiving calls in the Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice Omni-Channel widget, make sure that:
- Contact center phone numbers are assigned to the Studio flow.
- The flow is successfully published without errors.
- All variables in the flow are properly mapped.
- Agents receiving the call have their statuses set as available on both Salesforce. Omni-channel and Talkdesk.
When an inbound call is received, you can either accept or reject it . Once accepted, the behavior will be the same as described for Outbound calls in the previous Outbound Call Flow section.
Transferring a Call
Both inbound and outbound calls can be transferred to any other agent, as long as the agent meets the following criteria:
- Status set as available on the Salesforce Omni-channel.
- The agent has been added as a Talkdesk Contact Center user.
- The user is a Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice agent.
Transferring Call between Agents with a Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice License
In order to perform a call transfer:
- Click on the Add Caller button  in the Omni-Channel widget
- Select the agent from the “Select caller”  dropdown menu. The agent must have their omni-channel status set to available.
Note: The “Select caller” dropdown does not automatically refresh the list of available agents. In order to refresh this list, please click on the Back button and re-enter the “Add Caller” option.
- Once you select the receiving agent, they will have the option to either accept or reject the call transfer. If the agent accepts the call, both agents will be able to talk before the first one leaves the call.
Note: All transfers in the Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice context are considered warm transfers in Talkdesk, in which the first agent speaks to the second agent before merging the call into a conference. Neither blind transfers nor swap are supported as of yet.
Transferring Calls to External Phone Numbers
To transfer a call to an external phone number by using the keypad, follow these steps:
- Open the Omni-Channel widget  and click on the Keypad button .
- Dial the number and click the Call button to begin a call.
- Once connected, you can Merge  or Leave  the call.
Note: All call transfers will create a new voice call record for the next agent and call leg. These Voice Call records will be related among each other and can be accessed as part of the voice call data.
Both Outbound and Inbound calls can be recorded within Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice.
To allow recordings, first you have to enable recordings in Talkdesk. To learn how to do so, read the article Call Recording.
Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice will follow these configurations. During a call, a visible toggle to start/stop recording will let you know if your call is being recorded or not. If the recording settings in Talkdesk are enabled, the toggle will be active by default.
If the “Recording” toggle  is greyed out, it means that the call is not being recorded and the Talkdesk Permission to do so is disabled.
Note: It is not possible to stop recordings, so if the recording feature is enabled in Talkdesk, the call will be recorded by default Calls must be recorded in full or not at all.
Call Recording Access and Replay
Call recordings can be accessed within the Voice Call record after the call ends. However, this option is not enabled by default.
To enable Voice Call record accessibility after the call, follow these steps::
- Open a Voice Call record .
- Click on Setup  and select Edit Page .
- Once in edit mode, search in components for the Call Recording Player  component.
- Drag and drop the component to the lightning record page.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Back.
After adding the component, every time a call ends, once the voice record is updated, and you refresh the page, the player will become visible. The recording can be accessed directly.
- To access the recording, the agent has to be successfully logged in to Talkdesk through the Omni-channel component.
- The agent needs to have the necessary Talkdesk role permissions to access a given recording; these permissions are given at the agent level on Talkdesk.
- The call is only recorded if there is any sound to record. If both caller and agent are silent, then no recording will be available.
- Whenever a call ends, the recording takes a few seconds to load. If the recording player shows the message “We can't load the recording”, please refresh the Lightning tab 5 seconds after the call ends.
- On a successfully transferred call, only the last agent will be able to have access to the recording and to the last voice call record created. This is currently a known limitation.
Voicemails utilize the Voicemail Studio component, which allows customers to leave voice messages if there is no answer, no match, or no agents available for a call.
Voicemail management happens on the Talkdesk side. To learn how to set up voicemails, please read the Voicemails article. Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice follows these configurations accordingly.
As an add-on, Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice provides real time call transcription within the voice call records page, and also allows the supervisor to monitor the live transcriptions of ongoing calls from within the Supervisor Omni-channel page.
In order to access the call transcript within the voice call record page, you need to first add the Conversation body component to the lightning page by following these steps:
- Open a Voice Call record .
- Click on Setup  and select Edit Page .
- Once in edit mode, search in components for the Conversation Body  component and drag and drop it to the page.
- Click Save.
- Click Back.
Going forward, the transcript for inbound and outbound calls in real-time will be shown in this component.
- In order for the agent to have direct access to call transcripts, the Agent Assist Talkdesk functionality must be enabled for each agent that uses Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice as part of the setup process., If any help is needed on this topic please refer to support.
- Transcripts are not generated for calls between agents. As an example, during a call transfer, when both agents are connected, transcripts are not created.
- To set up transcriptions in other languages besides English, please follow the instructions provided in the Agent Assist: Language Selection article.