Topics are the second level of hierarchical organization in Talkdesk Guide™, and live inside Spaces. We can think of Topics as a folder where you can organize more knowledge. Under them, you can either deepen the categorization by creating sub-topics or create articles. In the current Guide version, we cannot mix topics and articles under the same topic, i.e., we can only have Topics or only articles.
To create a Topic, please follow these steps, after logging in to your account:
1. Click on the “+” sign  next to Topics.
2. If the Space doesn’t have any Topic yet, you can also select New Topic .
3. A pop-up window will appear. Provide the details for the Topic:
a) Give a “Name”  to identify the Topic, so it can be identified in several parts of the app.
b) Choose it is a “Sub-Topic” or a “Top Level Topic” in “Nest topic under” .
Tip: The dropdown will be empty if it’s the first Topic. If a user wants the Topic to be a Top Level one, this field shall be left empty. In this dropdown, you will see only Topics that don’t have articles below themselves.
c) Fill in “Summary” with a description .
d) Choose Create .
You can change any of the Topic settings after its creation.
1. Click on the “pencil” icon  on the “Topic” page.
Deleting a Topic
When you delete a Topic, you will delete all the hierarchic structure below it, i.e., its Sub-Topics (if they exist) and all the Articles below.
1. Click on the “three dots” symbol .
2. On the new pop-up window, choose Delete .