On Thursday, April 29th, 2021 Talkdesk® will release the following enhancement to the integration with Slack, to accommodate new behavior related to automations within private Slack channels:
- Messages to private channels: From now on, Slack messages can be sent to private channels without requiring the Administrator to be in those channels.
This enhancement will only be available for accounts that add the Slack integration after the new version is released on April 29th, 2021. If you wish to add the Talkdesk for Slack integration to your account, please follow this guide.
For accounts already using the integration, if no action is taken, the integration will keep working as expected, but the private channel enhancement will not be available.
If you wish to enable this enhancement, please follow these steps:
- Add the Talkdesk app (@Talkdesk) to the private Slack channel to which you want to send messages. You can add the app to the channel the same way you invite a user. This can be done by any user already in the channel.
- Remove the integration with Slack from your Talkdesk account. Please note that all automations are disabled when you remove the integration.
- Add the integration again.
- Re-enable all the automations you want to use. To learn how, please check the article Managing Existing Automations.
Note: Previously configured automations that send messages to private channels where the Talkdesk app is not present will stop working, even if you re-enable these automations. This means that you need to add the Talkdesk app to all the private channels, regardless of the presence of the Administrator in those channels.
For more information, please read our Talkdesk for Slack documentation.